Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have researched it a little. I may be moving to Florida next year and was just curious. From what I gathered as long as legal in new state, won't have to do anything when move, for the ones I currently have. My big question is, say I go ahead and get one in the works now, and I move while it's waiting to be approved, what will I do then. Since new license will be different from when i submitted it.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Isn't the stamp delivered to the selling dealer meaning you would have to make a trip back to that dealer to get the suppressor out of jail?

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't the stamp delivered to the selling dealer meaning you would have to make a trip back to that dealer to get the suppressor out of jail?
Yeah it is. Any they make copy of license when go fill my forms out and submit them. So if did that then it would have my old address. I don't remember them ever checking it again when going to pick it up out of jail. If not then I guess I would be okay to go ahead and start one

·
Registered
10,551 Posts
some states may require you to surrender your out of state one when applying for their state..
MS does when you get your Mississippi DL, as I recollect. Of course if it turns out that isn't official policy, then the clerks may be making a tidy profit selling the old licenses off to illegals. :D

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
If it was me I would wait. Do you have to notify the ATF that you have moved to a new state? you got me wondering now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts