Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
I could only pick one, extra money, or guns.
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fired a 300blk AR-15, with a suppressor on it, for the first time ever yesterday and I was instantly hooked.
And since I'm hearing about some really short waiting times I think I'm gonna have to get me one.
It seems like I heard somewhere that if you moved to a different address, even if its in the same state, than the one that is on the form you fill out you have to notify the ATF of the address change.
Is that true or untrue?

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,357 Posts

·
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems to me as long as you're not leaving the state you're ok?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I was told if I move I have to notify the ATF and fill out appropriate paperwork. I have a trust. Dont know if that matters. I was also told that trustee's on said trust do not have to change anything if they move.

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
That’s the problem. Thank you 41f.
That’s why I opted for the individual route for my first one. I’ll transfer it to my trust later. I’m an instant gratification kind of guy, so this clearly isn’t the game for that.

They’re claiming 4-5 months. A friend of mine just hit 4 months on his, so I guess we’ll see how accurate that is soon enough.

·
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey anybody know about the moving thing?
Can't make out the lawyer jargon

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I fired a 300blk AR-15, with a suppressor on it, for the first time ever yesterday and I was instantly hooked.
And since I'm hearing about some really short waiting times I think I'm gonna have to get me one.
It seems like I heard somewhere that if you moved to a different address, even if its in the same state, than the one that is on the form you fill out you have to notify the ATF of the address change.
Is that true or untrue?
What short wait times? I’ve been waiting over 10 months for mine. Everyone I have talked to that has received their stamp recently waited about a year. I would go ahead and get it going though.

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
What short wait times? I’ve been waiting over 10 months for mine. Everyone I have talked to that has received their stamp recently waited about a year. I would go ahead and get it going though.
Individuals are significantly shorter. Trusts still have a few perks, but 41F really set them back.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Individuals are significantly shorter. Trusts still have a few perks, but 41F really set them back.
By about a 5-6weeks according to the NFA tracker. For that I’ll just do the trust, that way I don’t have to transfer it again later. With individual if you die for some reason they come and take the can, to hell with that!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
By about a 5-6weeks according to the NFA tracker. For that I’ll just do the trust, that way I don’t have to transfer it again later. With individual if you die for some reason they come and take the can, to hell with that!
And you don’t have to tell your kids when they becom3 of age why they can’t go play with the cans. I don’t think they take the can when you die if you have your act together.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Well you would at least have to pay a transfer fee to transfer to another individual.
It’s been awhile, but I think the transfer is tax free on a form 5 to an heir. The executor can hold the items with the feds blessing until the transfer is done. I’m going off of a several year old memory before I created a trust. Things might have changed

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
Well you would at least have to pay a transfer fee to transfer to another individual.
Gutdoc is correct, there is no fee because it’s on a form 5. But I’ll be transferring mine to the trust down the road.

10 months is not 4 or 5 weeks difference though. More like 5 or 6 months, since individuals are averaging 4 or 5 months.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts