Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Improvise, adapt, overcome...
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a suppressor and stamp for a .22 caliber pistol. Anybody give me some ideas on good options available out there? Not looking for the cream of the crop, but more like a budget friendly good all around performer...Thanks!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
No complaints
☝☝☝☝☝☝
Agree 100%, absolutely love mine. Have shot thousands of rounds thought it and still rock strong. The switchback would be the only other one I would be looking at if i was buying again today, but it is more expensive.

·
Super Moderator
13,649 Posts
Several years ago my son and I shot a half dozen at Smith’s Speed Shop. The Coastal .22 Hornet was by far the most quiet and also the cheapest. I’d see if they are still available. The Sparrow would be my second choice

·
Registered
15,518 Posts
Dead air mask, silencerco sparrow, Rugged Oculus or Q El Camino. Personally, I’d prefer dead air or Q, but the sparrow is definitely solid and Rugged is excellent as well.

To me, the biggest thing with a .22 can is ease of cleaning. I have a Q Erector and it’s a fantastic can, but it’s a PITA to clean. Get something you can throw in an ultrasonic cleaner. I shoot more .22 than anything and it’s amazing how fast lead builds up.

$400-500 before the tax stamp should get you a quality can.

I’ll second what OMM said about a SilencerShop kiosk. However, a good class 3 dealer is almost as good, the kiosk just makes the process that much smoother.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am waiting on my stamp (December 2020) for a Bowers USS22. It looked like a well built can on silencer shops website. Check out the videos. Hopefully any day now they will be calling.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
22,183 Posts
I want a .22 can, but don't guess I will ever have one because I'm not waiting that long for a stamp. They get the wait down to 30-45 days I'll get one.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
11,160 Posts
I want a .22 can, but don't guess I will ever have one because I'm not waiting that long for a stamp. They get the wait down to 30-45 days I'll get one.
Just form 1 a DIY kit. I wouldn't do one for centerfire personally but have come real close to doing one for a rimfire.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
22,183 Posts
Just form 1 a DIY kit. I wouldn't do one for centerfire personally but have come real close to doing one for a rimfire.
Might look in to that, are form 1s still coming back in a few weeks?

·
Registered
775 Posts
I have an AAC Element 2. Best way to clean it is to throw the baffles in a Thumblers Tumbler with the little stainless pins & come back to it in 8 hours.
20210710_051053.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts