Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience? I know they are/were in pretty common use with the military.

I’m seeing them on eBay in the $70-100 range and I’ve heard of them even going for $30-50 in some surplus stores(which we don’t really have an abundance of in this area.) I’m a Surefire fanboy, so any Surefire WML for under $100 has my attention. I know the output and batterylife aren’t the best(but bulbs can be upgraded for relatively cheap,) and it’s old tech, but there’s still the cool factor and every Surefire product I own has been an absolute tank. If nothing else I figure it might be a decent option for my truck gun, since it won’t break the bank.

Unfortunately, I no longer get my 50%~ off discount on Surefires or I would probably just order a new Mini-Scout.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have two with the factory bulbs and they are not very impressive compared to newer light. This post made me order a 1000 lumen bulb so I'll see how it works in a few days.

J.B.

·
Registered
15,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have two with the factory bulbs and they are not very impressive compared to newer light. This post made me order a 1000 lumen bulb so I'll see how it works in a few days.

J.B.
That seems to be the common thing to do. Be interested to know what you think.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I just took the new bulb outside and it works great! A lot better than the factory bulb. I did have to remove the big spring from the new bulb.

J.B.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts