Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know when they closed and if they plan on reopening anywhere??? just drove by the place and it was boarded up and the store was empty

·
Registered
692 Posts
Wow. I had not heard that. I would have thought that Trey, the gunsmith might have kept it open when ever Dave decided to retire. Oh well, one less local small business gun shop.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
I heard that he was broken in to 3-4 times in a month and received no help from JPD or JXN so he decided to just shut it down. I hate it because I always enjoyed dealing with Dave and Trey.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
He is utterly unlikely to ever receive assistance with the breakins and tracing
any stolen merchandise from JPD or the Hinds County SO as long as the likes
of Big Boy Stokes (the mouth of the South who wears a dirty cap on his head
as though he can't recall his own name as though he cannot spell, which he
likely can't)

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
His last shop day was in August and Trey is, or has, finished up the work left in the shop. Yes, Dave has retired with no plans to re-open. The shop was burglarized 3 times in 10 days with 26 guns stolen. The biggest problem is that all, but one, of the suspects are juveniles, ages 12 to 17. Most of the suspects have been identified, two are dead (IIRC) and another shot himself in the foot. The dead suspects were shot by a home owner in N. Jackson. He also had issues with the landlord, who would not allow security upgrades to the shop.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Needless to say it's a shame. There were some fine old rifles in that shop a lot of guns that were on CONSIGNMENT I was going to purchase a kleinguenther k15 270 weatherby mag that has been in that shop almost a year when I found out they had closed. Hope the owner got it back instead of Being stolen. Makes me sick to think about it

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Another Jackson tax paying business gone.

...and another one bits the dust as well (used to have guns)

‘Jackson hardware store closes shop after 75 years’

1 - 14 of 14 Posts