Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Officers were dispatched to the 1400 block of 13th Street, between Clark Street and Forest Avenue at about 5:45 a.m. The caller reported that he had been approached by two armed teenagers who attempted to rob him and he shot them in self-defense, according to police.

Authorities said detectives learned that both teens were armed with handguns and approached the victim and demanded that he empty his pockets. The robbery victim, a concealed weapon permit holder, drew his weapon and shot both of the suspects.

Authorities said 16-year-old Liem Deng, of Des Moines, died from his gunshot injuries. Another 16-year-old male is in the hospital with injuries; authorities said he's expected to survive.

The Des Moines Police Department said no charges will be filed.

###

The would-be robbery victim emptied his gun rather than empty his pockets ... Well-done!

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He done good. :p
One-on-two (armed perps) .. and they both had the drop on him.

Yeah, I'd say so.

Good job. A .500 average would be amazing if it were MLB.

1600309285536.png

Reactions: DEADEYE 1

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
The one that died, his name sounds Vietnamese , Liem Deng . His Folks have probably been here for years. Now he is a statistic in Boot Hill or in a vase.

Reactions: bar306

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
I would not have guessed communities in Iowa having a bunch of folks from Southeast Asia. I have heard in the news a few years back of some running into trouble with the law in some Northern cities.. I have also heard of some in Louisiana.

Reactions: BasMstr

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would not have guessed communities in Iowa having a bunch of folks from Southeast Asia. I have heard in the news a few years back of some running into trouble with the law in some Northern cities.. I have also heard of some in Louisiana.
There were "problems" with some Hmong in Ramsey County/St. Paul, MN (e.g., True Blood 22 [TB22] gang and others). Generally, it's the 2nd and 3rd generations ...

·
Chief cook and bottle washer
1,906 Posts
Just hope this guy who exercised his 2nd amendment doesn’t have to loose everything he owns just because he chose to live and keep what was rightfully his.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just hope this guy who exercised his 2nd amendment doesn’t have to loose everything he owns just because he chose to live and keep what was rightfully his.
No criminal charges were filed against him; but civil lawsuits are always a possibility. Hopefully, not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts