1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Clayton Welch
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Team Magnolia Multigun Carbine Match
1 Year Anniversary
Saturday, December 17

This is the one year anniversary of the founding of Team Magnolia Multigun Club. We will be having a lunch party after the match. We would appreciate all who are able to come join us!

We will have 7 divisions:
  1. Rimfire - 22LR
  2. PCC - pistol caliber carbine
  3. Irons - no optics on rifle
  4. Heavy - 308 or AR-10 platforms
  5. Vintage - Garand or M1 Carbine. Garands get heavy scoring
  6. Limited - normal ARs and anything else that doesn’t fit in another category
  7. AK - any caliber as long as it's an Kalashnikov platform
You can sign up for a second rifle, but you may or may not be allowed to shoot it. So, if you sign up for a second rifle, place your second choice in squad 6. If the 5 main squads don’t fill up you will be able to shoot your second rifle.
  • Setup will be around 3pm Friday. If you help you shoot for free.
    • Anything not finished will be built Saturday morning at 6
  • Registration starts at 7, closes at 730
  • Hammer down at 8
Match Fees:
Free if you are there Friday evening and building stages
Team Magnolia and all juniors: $15
Non-members: $25
You can sign up for Team Magnolia at the match for a $30 yearly membership.

Register on Practiscore.

Interested in Team Magnolia Multigun Club T-Shirts? Go here to check em out and purchase.
Like us on Facebook @teammagnoliamultigun for more information.
Join our Facebook group to take part in our discussions and polls.
Follow us on Instagram, tag your photos @teammagnoliamultigun and #teammagnoliamultigun Scores posted to Practiscore and MSGO.
Stage 1 - Look At All Those Walls
15 Paper

Stage Make Ready
Standing on X’s, facing downrange, rifle loaded, on safe, at port arms.

Stage Procedure
Engage targets from within the fault lines.

Stage 2 - Cooper Tunnel
15 Paper

Stage Make Ready
Standing on either X’s, facing downrange, rifle loaded, on safe, at port arms.

Stage Procedure
Engage targets from within the fault lines.​
  • You ARE NOT required to go through the Cooper Tunnel. You can run around behind the shooting area and get back in to engage the targets on the other side.
  • There is one target that is available ONLY from inside the Cooper Tunnel. If you choose to not go through and instead run around, you will be assessed a 20 second penalty for failure to engage.

• There is a 5 second penalty per board knocked down
Stage 3 - Fun In the Middle
15 Paper

Stage Make Ready

Stage Procedure

Stage 4 - Just Around the Corner
15 Paper

Stage Make Ready

Stage Procedure

Stage 5 - Will_M - The “M” is for Mean
12 Paper
5 Reactive

Stage Make Ready

Stage Procedure
Engage targets from within the fault lines.​
  • Shooters can move to the forward shooting line to try to avoid penalties, but must start on X’s
  • Shooters are allowed to utilize barrels for steadiness if desired
  • “Reactive” targets - could be a bowling pin, a clay, a balloon...it’ll be a surprise!

·
Clayton Welch
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What is a "Cooper Tunnel"?
The main reason you need to wear your running glasses for next month!

Basically, it's an obstacle designed to test your ability to shoot while moving in a hunched position.
Practically, it's meant to simulate the shooter being required to take cover behind something, like a vehicle.

We will have a port in ours so you have to shoot in this crouched position. The idea is that you will go into the tunnel and take all of the targets from inside the tunnel in a crouched position.

Our "crouched" position will be about 50-54" high. It's not that crouched in all honesty. If nobody knocks a board down we will make it lower the next time we shoot it!

Here is an idea: (skip to about 30 seconds in)

ETA: changed the written stage brief to clear things up

·
Clayton Welch
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So in other words, 9d up can just run through it and not have to crouch
I could make it uncomfortable for myself, but then VERY FEW would be able to go through without knocking boards off.

At this height, it will get most people out of their comfort zones, and I would bet 99% of our shooters would be encountering a Cooper Tunnel for the first time ever.

I'm all about pushing the envelope and bringing new and exciting things to Magnolia!

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
SAFETY!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 9d up and fordpkup

·
Clayton Welch
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SAFETY!!!!!!!!!!!
Safety is always our primary concern. The tunnel will be large enough to accommodate any size shooter without endangering them.

The risk is that a person might sweep themselves. This is much more likely with a handgun, and there are Cooper Tunnels in USPSA and IDPA matches all the time. The girl in the video above handled herself fine.

But our match is for rifles. A rifle is easier to keep from sweeping yourself, and we will ensure that all shooters are made aware of the risk and the consequences of sweeping themselves.

I made a small one at home to see what height seemed reasonable. I moved and pretended to shoot and I assure that while sweeping myself was possible, it is highly unlikely with a long gun.

·
Clayton Welch
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If registration stays at it's current level I intend to place 2nd in this match!
Hopefully we will get over 40 like the last two carbine matches.

Deer season hurts, and possible cold weather hurts. But Saturday helps. Hopefully free food will help...

Unsure how the 8am start will affect our participation. We will be using this match a trial to see the impact of that change.

·
Waffennarr
8,867 Posts
Yup 0800 start affects me; I'm 1 1/2 hours away assuming nothing happens in between to require a stop / late departure from daheim.

Reactions: 9d up

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm gonna try to make it down there if I can find a cheep enough hotel. Any recommendations for a decent one close to the range? Stayed at la Quinta the in Jackson last time

·
Clayton Welch
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup 0800 start affects me; I'm 1 1/2 hours away assuming nothing happens in between to require a stop / late departure from daheim.
Yeah it's about 50 minutes for me, and I'll be there at 630. The best part about starting early is that you finish early.

At last weekend's match, we got there at 630. I had Brooke, John, and Will putting up paper targets and the rest of us put all the steel out. We were done with that around 730. Then waited till 830 to start the shooters' meeting, and started shooting at 855.

For this match, there will be no steel. It will be daylight at 630 and we will be putting paper up then, and that won't take longer than 30 minutes if we have a couple crews on it.

Starting at 8 will be great. The travelers will just have to wake up a little earlier to get here. That's no problem if you go to bed an hour earlier

·
Clayton Welch
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm gonna try to make it down there if I can find a cheep enough hotel. Any recommendations for a decent one close to the range? Stayed at la Quinta the in Jackson last time
I would stay in Byram if it was me. Plenty of places to eat and then you won't have to deal with any traffic.

I have not stayed in any of these so I can't give personal recommendations. But the websites provide info.

You have 4 nearby options:
1. America's Best
2. Holiday Inn
3. Red Lion
4. Woodspring

1 - 20 of 77 Posts