Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Clayton Welch
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shooters,

I came up with the idea to have a sort of a points race for our matches, like a league of sorts to track participation and performance. One of our shooters, Justin Myers, figured out a formula that makes it work.

What we did was assign a number of points based solely on the shooter participating in the match. We gave some matches more base points in order to encourage participation in those events because they traditionally bring lower numbers. So a carbine match (most popular) gets 5 base points, a 2Gun gets 10 points, a 3Gun gets 15 points, the March Steel Spectacular gets 15 points, and then ICORE matches get 20 points.

You add the base points per match to the shooter's percentage of the best shooter in the overall finish.

Then you add the shooter's percentage of his finish within his own division. We will figure out how many matches of the year count towards the shooter's rankings. Meaning out of 12 matches held this year, we may only count the shooter's best 8/9/10 matches. We will see.

So the formula is as follows: base points + %/OA +%/DF

I will update this thread after every match to show the rankings.

·
Clayton Welch
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ICORE should be 40 points for those that actually shoot a revolver
That's not a bad idea there. But one of the ICORE matches last year had 10 people come.

I'd honestly be happy just to break 20 shooters with an ICORE and I don't think there are even enough people that actually shoot revolvers to make that happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts