Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Clayton Welch
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Team Magnolia Multigun
World War II Match and the Beginner’s Intro to 3Gun - Sunday, November 20

It’s the World War II match because the all of the arrays are 8 shot neutral for Garands, 1911s, and pump shotguns. There is a separate division for WW2 arms.

This is the Beginner’s match because you don’t need any special equipment to compete. Bring whatever you have and you will be fine. You don’t even need to bring long guns - if all you bring is your USPSA rig, you’ll be able to borrow shotguns and rifles.

There will be tables and barrels placed throughout the stages where you can place your spare shells and rifle mags if you think you need them. No special belt equipment to carry them is necessary.

There will be rifles and shotguns provided on every stage for anyone to use. No shotgun reloads are required. Just grab and shoot. Bring 12 gauge and 223/556 if you want to shoot the range guns.

Available Divisions:​
  • WWII - 1911 (any caliber), pump shotgun (any gauge), and a Garand (8 shot clips)​
  • 3Gun - Any centerfire pistol, any shotgun, and any rifle (rimfire rifle ok)​
  • PCC - you will use your pistol caliber carbine for all targets (aerial bonus not available)​
  • 2Gun/1Gun - any centerfire rifle or pistol (aerial bonus not available) (no accommodation for distance if you choose to use pistol for everything)​

Setup: Saturday afternoon around 3 and at 630 Sunday morning.
Registration/Check-In: starts at 730, ends at 830
Hammer Down: 9​

Cost:
Free if you are there Saturday evening and building stages
Team Magnolia and juniors: $15
Non-members: $25
You can sign up for Team Magnolia at the match for a $30 yearly membership.

Register on Practiscore.
Interested in Team Magnolia Multigun Club T-Shirts? Go here to check em out and purchase.

Like us on Facebook @teammagnoliamultigun for more information.
Join our Facebook group to take part in our discussions and polls.
Follow us on Instagram, tag your photos @teammagnoliamultigun and #teammagnoliamultigun Scores posted to Practiscore and MSGO.​

Stage 1 - Führerbunker
10 Paper, 6 steel

Stage Make Ready
Standing on X’s, facing downrange, rifle loaded, on safe, at port arms.​
  • Pistol, if wanted, loaded and holstered or placed on any table/barrel.​
  • Shotgun, if wanted, loaded, on safe, in any barrel or on any table.​
If you ever transition to pistol, you will end with pistol - there is no grounding of the pistol or reholstering​

Stage Procedure
Engage targets from within the fault lines.​
  • Rifle is the only gun “necessarily” used - choose between shotgun and pistol​
  • Paper targets are rifle or pistol - no shotgun.​
  • Steel targets are shotgun or pistol - no rifle.​
You may place any clips or magazines (rifle or pistol) and any shotgun shells on the barrels

Stage 2 - Midway
8 paper, 6 steel

Stage Make Ready
Standing with toes on X’s. Pistol loaded and holstered or on barrel. Rifle loaded and safe on barrel.

Stage Procedure
  • Shoot steel with pistol, dump pistol in crate.​
  • Take rifle to uprange shooting area to engage paper​
You may place any clips/magazines and any shotgun shells on the barrels or on tables

Stage 3 - Normandy
8 Paper, 14 steel
2 aerials are shotgun only, 5 seconds bonus each if hit

Stage Make Ready
Starting anywhere outside fault lines, all guns loaded and made safe.​
  • If you want to start with rifle, loaded, on safe, at port arms.
  • If you want to start with shotgun, loaded, on safe, at port arms.
  • If you want to start with a pistol, loaded and holstered or on a barrel/table, hands at surrender
Stage Procedure
Engage targets from within the fault lines.​

Notes about the Stage
  • Long guns guidelines:
    • Start in hands, in barrels, or on tables,
    • End in barrels or hands (not on a table)
  • Handgun guidelines:
    • can start in holster or on a table, in a crate, loaded and made safe
    • can ONLY be grounded on a table, in a crate
You may place any clips/magazines and any shotgun shells on the barrels or on tables
Stage 4 - Berlin
18 Paper, 14 steel

Stage Make Ready
Standing on X’s, facing downrange, rifle loaded, on safe, at port arms.
Shotgun placed on table, loaded and on safe
Pistol loaded and holstered or on table.

Stage Procedure
  1. Engage paper targets with rifle from within the fault lines.
  2. Dump rifle in barrel.
  3. Shoot Polish plate rack with shotgun or pistol
  4. Ground shotgun on table or in barrel or reload it
  5. Shoot plate rack with pistol or shotgun
You may place any clips/magazines and any shotgun shells on the barrels or table
Stage 5 - Blitzkrieg
18 Paper (subject to change)

Stage Make Ready
Standing on X’s, facing downrange, rifle loaded, on safe, at port arms.
Or if using pistol, loaded and holstered.

Stage Procedure
Engage targets from within the fault lines.

You may place any clips/magazines on the barrels

·
Clayton Welch
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it isn't clear - you don't need any special gear to shoot this match.

You can shoot it with no belt on whatsoever!

There will be tables and barrels throughout the stages for you to put your guns on/in (even pistol) and there will be barrels and tables available for you place mag/clips/shells for you to use along the way.

You can even borrow guns if you want to so you don't have to clean yours. Just bring ammo to shoot. I suggest figuring out who you want to share with beforehand so you can be sure to squad together.

·
Waffennarr
8,867 Posts
Looks fun but I'm a bit confused ; does the shooter stand in or outside the yellow lines ; are there specific spots from which the various targets are to be engaged?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Inside the lines are the only areas where you can fire a shot. If there are three yellow lines, then the wall will be the other line.
Outside the lines will be a penalty.

You'll be able to see all the targets from point(s) inside the yellow lines/fault lines.

·
Waffennarr
8,867 Posts
3 lines? Now really confused.
But unless something comes up between now and Friday, I will be there. Running and gunning with a "U.S. Rifle, Cal. .30, M1". Damn sounds like fun.

·
Waffennarr
8,867 Posts
If it isn't clear - you don't need any special gear to shoot this match.

You can shoot it with no belt on whatsoever!
No you don't want me to shoot without a belt. No one wants to see that happen. I've lost a lot of weight the last 3 years or so.

·
Clayton Welch
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How many hits required on paper targets? Assuming steel targets will fall?
Yes, all steel falls, with the exception of the spinner. It has to flip over to be neutralized.

And yes Bryon is correct. If you are shooting in the WW2 division, and if you are loading with 8 round clips or some equivalent in your rifle, and shooting a single stack 1911 (9mm included), we will call that heavy and it will only require one hit per paper anywhere.

If you are shooting normal outlaw 3Gun, it's two hits anywhere or one Alpha/Bravo for paper targets.

·
Clayton Welch
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks fun but I'm a bit confused ; does the shooter stand in or outside the yellow lines ; are there specific spots from which the various targets are to be engaged?
Stages 2 and 5 are likely the ones you are concerned with.

But no, other than requiring you to be inside the fault lines to engage targets, stages have to be presented as-is to the shooter to figure out how he wants to complete the course of fire. The only reason I will declare a specific shooting position or spot would be for safety, and I don't foresee this being an issue with the stages here.

Like Bryon said, you have to be inside the fault lines when you break a shot or you will get a 5 second penalty. Also like he said, it's not very difficult and the targets will be clearly available. We tore up some walls at the carbine matches from muzzle blast so I am trying to design stages where that doesn't happen, so there shouldn't be too much awkward leaning like there has been.

On stages 2 and 5, you will enter a shooting area, shoot the available targets, and then you have to move to another shooting area to engage other targets.

·
Waffennarr
8,867 Posts
More questions: what ammo is recommended for shotguns to engage plates? Buckshot I'm assuming. And is FMJ ok for the 1911 shooting plates? If so, are prescription glasses considered sufficient safety glasses? I won't be able to see without mine & don't have safety goggles that would fit over them. Sorry for so many questions but don't want to drive 1 1/2 hours and not have what I need to shoot the match.

·
Clayton Welch
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
More questions: what ammo is recommended for shotguns to engage plates? Buckshot I'm assuming. And is FMJ ok for the 1911 shooting plates? If so, are prescription glasses considered sufficient safety glasses? I won't be able to see without mine & don't have safety goggles that would fit over them. Sorry for so many questions but don't want to drive 1 1/2 hours and not have what I need to shoot the match.
No you want birdshot. 7 1/2 or 8. No buckshot or slugs in this match.

Yes FMJ is perfect for pistol.

Those glasses will be fine. Plenty of people are in your predicament.

Keep the questions coming. The more that are asked the less unknown there will be.

·
Waffennarr
8,867 Posts
No you want birdshot. 7 1/2 or 8. No buckshot or slugs in this match.

Yes FMJ is perfect for pistol.

Those glasses will be fine. Plenty of people are in your predicament.

Keep the questions coming. The more that are asked the less unknown there will be.
Thanks, really looking forward to this one.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts