Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
You gotta give us more details. That looks great. Who did it? What is the finish called?

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
That would be a sweet home defense weapon! Put a peep sight and tritium front on and it would be good to go! That said, I do like it the way it is!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I carried the gun to Richey's in Algoma and the finish is gun metal gray. And I am looking for ghost ring set-up that I can still mount a scope on it. It WOULD make a great home defence gun and IS a great brush gun.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
finish is gun metal gray

Richey's gun shop
1947 Macedonia Rd.
Pontotoc, MS 38863
662-489-0252

P.S.: they have a "same as cash for 24 months" til May 1st.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:thanks: , I LOVE this little jewel. Every now and then I get the fever for another one, this one looks lonely :cool2g: .

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Man, That looks great. Would you mine telling how much it cost to get that done? :10:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Very nice! I got mine at the shop getting a black teflon treatment. May change it to gun metal grey tho! I like that!

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
Nice finish...should have gotten the rings done also

You been draggin that scope down the rd with the truck?...its mighty scratched up

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is a teflon coating in gun metal gray, it cost me $150+tax.
And YES, they do have some good food there.

As for being rough with it, I don't pamper this gun and is almost my truck gun. BUT, if you are refering to the scope, that is a scope that I picked up out of a local pawn/gun shop had a fire. The scope had some kinda rubberize coating that must have gotten a little too hot, did my best to clean it off and not make it worst than it was.

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
I really, really like that gun grey .... I think I have something sitting around here that could benefit from that application .... :thinking:

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
Man that gun metal grey does look fine...long "run" to Ponotoc for me though...there just aint no good way to get there from here.

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
That would look great on a M1 carbine or a Garand....cept I'd hate to refinish one metal wise...kinda takes some of the character away for me...but boy it sure would look great

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
But now that finish on a socom or an m1 loaded (isn't that what the new ones with synthetic stocks are called?)... Oh yea!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts