Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The APC9K - The Army's Pick At NRA - GAT Daily (Guns Ammo Tactical)

B&T makes some outstanding weapons, easily some of the highest end SMGs and Pistol Caliber carbines on the market. Their price reflects that, but there is no doubting their quality. The APC9K was originally designed for an Austrian counter terrorism unit. In the Army’s role, it would be used for protecting VIPs in war-torn countries.

The APC9K spits out 9mm rounds from a blowback system and fires from a closed bolt. It has a firing rate of 1,080 rounds per minute and that’s pretty fast but controllable. It would easily allow for a bodyguard to lay down suppressive fire and get their VIP out of danger. It’s collapsing stock makes it quite compact and with a 20 round magazine, it’d be pretty easy to hide in a large coat, bag, or be easy to move in and out of vehicles.

APC9K Impressions
The trigger is fantastic. We usually accept a little mediocrity when it comes to SMG or PCC triggers. The Scorpion has a heavy trigger, the non-Geiselle MPX is okay at best, and the MP5 has a terrible reset. The APC9K has none of that, the trigger is fantastic, like a good AR trigger from a quality manufacturer.

It feels very sturdy and well put together. Everything clicks, pops, and moves just right. The stock is rock solid with little wiggle or play. The Tailhook pistol model is the same. It’s light and intuitive. Keith described it as a bespoke SMG, and I agree with him.

received_2294748644176422-576x1024.jpg

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,603 Posts
Not left out there that is truly American made.........Sad but true.

Reactions: jakeg823

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
i think they have to have "X" amount manufacturing here in the US. like beretta USA, FN USA, ETC.

B&T at one time was only being offered by DSA an USA company that bought all the Austrian stg58 surplus parts and fixtures to produce their SA58 made FAL rifles. i'm not sure if they bought all the B&T holdings or just their old stock. this was years ago so this B&T may be a different entity. they def. marketed B&T rails and sub-gun stuff.

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
What happened to "BUY AMERICAN?"
I’d rather them buy the best. You would be hard pressed to find a better made 9mm smg on the market. Swiss manufacturing is as good as it gets.

If an American made product met their required criteria and was of comparable quality, then yes, buy American. But what are the American made options in this particular category, that met the Army’s specs?

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I’d rather them buy the best. You would be hard pressed to find a better made 9mm smg on the market. Swiss manufacturing is as good as it gets.

If an American made product met their required criteria and was of comparable quality, then yes, buy American. But what are the American made options in this particular category, that met the Army’s specs?
Build a factory and build our military's weapons "In America." Wasting millions within our borders a lot better than sending the $$$ to the Swiss. This particular weapon is not exactly a military emergency. All our military weapons and parts should be made in this country. American manufacturing is every bit as good a Swiss, however they once were fair with clocks and watches.

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
Build a factory and build our military's weapons "In America." Wasting millions within our borders a lot better than sending the $$$ to the Swiss. This particular weapon is not exactly a military emergency. All our military weapons and parts should be made in this country. American manufacturing is every bit as good a Swiss, however they once were fair with clocks and watches.
Typically that is the requirement. I’m not seeing anything saying that is not the case here too.

I did find a list of competitors. It’s no wonder the B&T won.

·
Registered
816 Posts
The people these will be going to buy whatever the hell they want. NSW was buying H&Ks in the early 90s. Everyone from Rangers and up have been using Glocks since GWOT hit. Rumor is B&T will start a U.S. production facility, like Beretta and Sig and H&K and Glock. So time will tell.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts