Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
274 Posts
Read this book the other day. The intro was a little brutal to get past, but the rest of it was fairly well written. I liked the explanation of the weapons being used by different countries during various periods of conflict.
Publication Font Book Book cover Movie

Book Publication Font Parallel Paper

Reactions: BasMstr

· Registered
604 Posts
Useless piece of info for the day:
I’m in a picture in this book, although I’m kinda in the distance with my back to the camera. It’s a pic of a soldier wearing desert camo BDU’s, helmet and body armor, holding a M14 with Leupold scope in the kneeling position. He was one of the guys in my squad and went home early with a Purple Heart from a VBIED.

I’m the dude in the background with a black thigh holster.

To the best of my memory, he was just posing for a pic for the combat cameraman with us while coming in from a foot patrol, not doing anything remotely cool or interesting.
Read this book the other day. The intro was a little brutal to get past, but the rest of it was fairly well written. I liked the explanation of the weapons being used by different countries during various periods of conflict.
View attachment 321601

· Registered
274 Posts
Useless piece of info for the day:
I’m in a picture in this book, although I’m kinda in the distance with my back to the camera. It’s a pic of a soldier wearing desert camo BDU’s, helmet and body armor, holding a M14 with Leupold scope in the kneeling position. He was one of the guys in my squad and went home early with a Purple Heart from a VBIED.

I’m the dude in the background with a black thigh holster.

To the best of my memory, he was just posing for a pic for the combat cameraman with us while coming in from a foot patrol, not doing anything remotely cool or interesting.
I don't think that's useless at all. Setting the scene and putting it into context is valuable.

Reactions: melmerf
1 - 7 of 7 Posts