close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The choice has become clear

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by GunnyGene, May 4, 2016.

1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

At least for those who value their 2A rights. Trump (no matter how much you may dislike him), or Clinton - who will do everything in her power if elected to eliminate firearms in civilian hands. Stay home and don't vote for Trump, and you give Clinton the opportunity she wants. Ask yourself if you are ready to do this?

2. ScottWW

ScottWW Active Member

I have pondered that same idea...But the mistrust that I have in Trump and his support for the safeguards of the 2A (his past history) keeps bubbling back to the forefront of my thoughts.....It is a dilemma

3. GunnyGene

A couple things that might help you:

1. MS HB786 Section 5 (signed into law a couple weeks ago):

2. The fact that while Trumps position on the 2A may be questionable, Hillary leaves no doubt whatever about her position. And there is no other realistic choice besides these 2.

Staying home is not an option.

Hoot G, Mesquite, phillipd and 12 others like this.
  4. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

No vote=no right to bitch when it goes south!

Mesquite, maxhush, phillipd and 10 others like this.
  5. stewbaby

stewbaby Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

The perspective as given by State Rep Andy Gibson:

"St. Augustine once wrote of the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Man. As Christians living in a fallen world, we are citizens of both. I'll admit our choices this election are not necessarily the best choices. But recognizing this world is not the Kingdom of God, we must make decisions in this fallen Kingdom of Man as they appear before us. We have the responsibility to be involved under the premise of Romans chapter 13. And, I am trusting in God that He does raise up leaders to accomplish His will. If God could use a pagan King Nebuchadnezzar and Cyrus King of Persia, I'm trusting God can work this presidential race to His perfect will. No, our hope is not in America or the world. Our hope is in the Sovereign King of Kings, the Lord Jesus Christ."

usmc-nav, charlie2t, phillipd and 9 others like this.
  6. Quickeye

Quickeye Vietnam & Persian Gulf Wars MSGO Supporter

And by the time the Ex Ord is challenged and works its way to the the Supremes, she will have loaded/stacked the Court with Libs.

maxhush, 22lrfan, frodo and 2 others like this.
  7. sand_man

I see ol' Pizzassio has gotten off the fence and has endorsed Trump.

8. turable.shot

turable.shot Distinguished Poster

No big Trump fan, but I've been despising Hillary since 1993.
    So...the choice is easily made.

maxhush, phillipd, 94LEVERFAN and 5 others like this.
  9. ScottWW

ScottWW Active Member

Trust me, I understand the issues. But who is to say that trump (or for that matter any politician) would honor his promises and vows - with his past background I am not so sure that he would not stack the court in the opposite direction. It is to the point, almost, that I would rather know where and who the enemy is and be prepared for the battle than to be stabbed in the back by a supposed friend.....Not that my guard is ever down ...:)

10. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

While I advocate everyone voting just because you don't doesn't mean you don't have the right to bitch about the politicians and politics.

Hoot G likes this.
  11. sand_man

If you don't help change the problem then you become part of the problem!

12. GunnyGene

Well, you've got about 6 months to make up your mind. :) Just remember that not making a decision, is a decision.

maxhush, phillipd, 94LEVERFAN and 5 others like this.
  13. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

As it has been said you know exactly what Hildabeast will do and you at least have a chance with Trump. You will not even have a chance with Hildabeast she will without any doubt try to take everything away from you and finish destroying America.
    I would rather chance a wildcard myself rather than give a psychopath the ability. He could very well be one himself but I know she is one.

Hoot G, maxhush, phillipd and 7 others like this.
  14. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

we all make choices like who to vote for whether to vote , whether to serve in the military. Just because a body decides not to vote doesn't make them part of the problem. Maybe the problem is everyone voting for a person that they do not know is going to be a good choice constantly settling for what is thrown out under your nose.

15. Quickeye

When you are "ruled", then you will have no choice.

Mesquite, maxhush, 94LEVERFAN and 3 others like this.
  16. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

We are almost there with everyone or a majority of people voting now. And besides you have not much if any choice with what they throw out there for you to vote on. Also you will always have a choice even when ruled.

fordpkup likes this.
  17. Quickeye

You're discussing things that are way above my pay grade.

18. ScottWW

ScottWW Active Member

My Father gave me some good advice early in my career in regards to not only politics- basically Judge a man not by his words but by his actions, both past and present....That is my problem with trump...he is not what he say he is ...Period. and I can not justify in any way, shape, or form making an "X" by his name.....and if I choose to not vote and sit it out , that is me obeying my conscience ....That is just the way it is...I am just sickened by the thought that the 2016 Presidential race is between a crook and a con man....

19. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

It is your choice and there is no right or wrong answer to the delima. But if you hold to that philosophy then if you looked into all the politicians running or have ever ran you would not vote for a single one.

Quickeye, Mesquite, maxhush and 2 others like this.
  20. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

So was the 2012 and the 2008 elections!

Quickeye, ScottWW and rigrat like this.