·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Generally, I'm a "Ford" guy... but, for what it's worth, I'm just passing this one on to ya.

And yes, Ford has a new "global" Ranger expected to debut in the same 2019 model year or so.

(There ain't anything but Fords in my driveway.)

However, I believe this new Nissan Frontier pickup being manufactured in Mississippi is a good thing for our State!!! :)

·
Premium Member
10,206 Posts
Generally, I'm a "Ford" guy... but, for what it's worth, I'm just passing this one on to ya.

And yes, Ford has a new "global" Ranger expected to debut in the same 2019 model year or so.

(There ain't anything but Fords in my driveway.)

However, I believe this new Nissan Frontier pickup being manufactured in Mississippi is a good thing for our State!!! :)
We'll pray for your driveway :lol5:.
Frontier is good news for Mississippi. Reckon Mississippi would have gotten if unions had gotten their way:cool:.

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We'll pray for your driveway :lol5:.
Frontier is good news for Mississippi. Reckon Mississippi would have gotten if unions had gotten their way:cool:.
Mesquite... while you're praying, please ask for some concrete to suddenly appear!!! :)

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
It's about time. The Frontier hasn't been updated in 10 or more years. I had an old 1983 Datsun/Nissan truck I inherited from my dad when I was in college. That thing was incredibly reliable, despite having over 200k miles. It was still running fine the day it got attacked and killed by a suicidal deer.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
20,280 Posts
Thought the Frontier and Titans were already being built in Canton, there's a couple hundred stored at the Tax Revenue building on Springridge Rd. and Titans stored in the Industrial Park here in Clinton.

Reactions: Jarhead5811

·
Rational Anarchist
14,283 Posts
Thought the Frontier and Titans were already being built in Canton, there's a couple hundred stored at the Tax Revenue building on Springridge Rd. and Titans stored in the Industrial Park here in Clinton.
They are, but the plan was originally for the next model to be built in Mexico. It would have meant a line speed drop on the truck line and less employees needed. That would likely have been taken care of with attrition.

I seriously doubt we'd have kept the frontier if the UAW had gotten in.

I'm not a big Trump fan but I don't doubt his being in office also influenced the decision.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Are the drivetrains manufactured in MS or imported ?
Are vehicles just assembled here ?

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
20,280 Posts
Are the drivetrains manufactured in MS or imported ?
Are vehicles just assembled here ?
From Nissan website-
"The 2016 Titan was designed in California, engineered in Michigan, and tested in the Arizona desert. Like so many other Nissan vehicles, it’s assembled at the Nissan plant in Canton, Mississippi. Although the transmission is sourced from Japan, both of the 2016 Nissan Titan’s powerful engines are also 100% American-built. The diesel engine is made in Columbus, Indiana, while the gasoline engine is made in Tennessee. Over half of the Nissan Titan’s other parts are also sourced from the US and Canada.

Nissan Frontier buyers can also feel free to slap on the patriotic bumper stickers. Like the Nissan Titan, the majority of the Nissan Frontier’s parts are from the United States and Canada. The transmission and some of the engines are Japanese, but the Nissan Frontier is also American-built in Canton, Mississippi."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts