Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1481 - 1500 of 1522 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,266 Posts
Mine came in quick, but the boxes were beat to hell. On top of that, I ordered some of that "BYOB" bucket of .22LR from Bass Pro last week, and the box was also beat up. The top of the bucket had come open, and there were rounds all over the inside of the box. There was also a hole in the box, so there's no telling how many rounds escaped.
Sorry to read that about your ammo orders.

I just re-checked my .32ACP order and no damage. The outside box was taped up pretty well, and it had interior brown paper filler -- although it was still 10X50 rds. in a 1,000 case box.

I've never shot Norma (Hungarian) ammo before. I'm interested to see how it does.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Reactions: 7557

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Sorry to read that about your ammo orders.

I just re-checked my .32ACP order and no damage. The outside box was taped up pretty well, and it had interior brown paper filler -- although it was still 10X50 rds. in a 1,000 case box.

I've never shot Norma (Hungarian) ammo before. I'm interested to see how it does.
Thankfully, the ammo was in good shape. The boxes were just a bit beat up. I've shot some Norma 5.56 before, and had good results with it.

·
Just another day!
810 Posts
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
mag.jpg
Got 2 extended mag releases from Galloway Precision for the little 380 bodygaurds I purchased. I had read where the factory poly releases were prone to wearing out. When I pulled them there was no doubt they were worn significantly. The Galloway ones are aluminum so I won't have to worry about that. Had to do a little sanding on them but they eventually went in and function perfectly.

·
Rational Anarchist
14,132 Posts
6C186E53-F990-42B3-9FF2-B786E95E4A72.jpeg
5B41AF0E-0611-4B57-95AE-3C04F6DEEAC7.jpeg
My prepper bookshelf is getting full, I may have to dedicate another once I find the rest of my scattered collection. I’ve also got a set of WorldBook Encyclopedias, from the eighties, and a fairly extensive collection of novels and history books, packed away in the storage room.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
For some reason my phone won't transfer pics to the lap top but just got 20 lbs of SS media from Southernshine for the cement mixer. I'll prewash it in the morning and start tumbling tomorrow afternoon. Have two 6 gal buckets of brass to do. Have a line on two 55 gal drums from a local PD that I'm trying to get.

·
Registered
10,709 Posts
For some reason my phone won't transfer pics to the lap top but just got 20 lbs of SS media from Southernshine for the cement mixer. I'll prewash it in the morning and start tumbling tomorrow afternoon. Have two 6 gal buckets of brass to do. Have a line on two 55 gal drums from a local PD that I'm trying to get.
I tried some of his chips yesterday. I "prewashed" them, too. The brass turned out pretty darn good. Definitely got the primer pockets cleaner than the pins do. I did notice that the ones that I didn't see stuck to the side of my media tumbler left stains when I found them later. Not a big deal, just thinking it would be a good idea to make sure none are in any cases when you're done. I've only done .38's, and after running them through the media tumbler, there weren't any of those little boogers left in the brass. Don't know if they'll come out of bottle necked brass as easy, though.

Oh, and uh, what, uh, flavor brass you, uh, trying to get? 😁

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Oh, and uh, what, uh, flavor brass you, uh, trying to get? 😁
It's a mix of 5.56, 9mm, .40 mainly and whatever else the LEO's happen to bring in to shoot.

Reactions: BasMstr

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
absolutely love the the benchmade 940 great knife. I am dinging that ZT never have owned one of them but may have to change that.

1481 - 1500 of 1522 Posts