Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1681 - 1693 of 1693 Posts

·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
17,053 Posts
Unfortunately I haven’t used Mine in years and can’t recall what I set the compressor on but 50psi stands out in my mind. I got it for my 13th birthday. I wanted one of those and a bass guitar. I was told to choose one. I knew I could draw pretty good but wasn’t sure I had any musical talent. So, I got the airbrush. It’s been 34 years and I still have it and the 1 1/2hp 3 gal Craftsman air compressor I got with it too. (I’ve gotten two much larger compressors since then, as well.)
I bought a kit, and am seeing that it needs a bigger compressor
max output on the compressor is 25, small thin lines are weak.. I ill most likely upgrade. I got it for the soul purpose of applying dye to edges of holsters and fading the color into the middle
dye should be here today. so by tonight I should know if it is going to work for me or not

·
Rational Anarchist
14,684 Posts
I bought a kit, and am seeing that it needs a bigger compressor
max output on the compressor is 25, small thin lines are weak.. I ill most likely upgrade. I got it for the soul purpose of applying dye to edges of holsters and fading the color into the middle
dye should be here today. so by tonight I should know if it is going to work for me or not
They got a woman to give me lessons. She had a tankless and it worked okay but if you tried to make a fine line you could see the pumps of the compressor in the ever so slight fluctuations in the line size. It seems to me that any compressor that has a tank should beat that. Just stop and let it catch up. Also, keep in mind air brushes can only dispense a very thin medium.

·
Registered
11,640 Posts
The roller handles I ordered from Inline Fabrication came in today. Got one for the 450 and one for the 550.

View attachment 265561

Dan Clausen (Inline Fabrication) is an evil genius. The roller handles are great, but now I'm gonna have to buy an articulating arm for my 450. The handle kinda sits right above the empty brass bin. Not a problem on my 550 - I can set an ice cream bucket on the benchtop, but the 450 is mounted at the right edge of the benchtop. I would suggest that anyone installing these use the nut from the Dillon handle. I didn't care for the one Dan sends with his handles.

·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
17,053 Posts
They got a woman to give me lessons. She had a tankless and it worked okay but if you tried to make a fine line you could see the pumps of the compressor in the ever so slight fluctuations in the line size. It seems to me that any compressor that has a tank should beat that. Just stop and let it catch up. Also, keep in mind air brushes can only dispense a very thin medium.
thanks for the info. i am cutting my dye with alcohol in a 50/50 mix
i got that from the internet. guess i will be looking for a small compressor and tank next payday
what do you think about a moisture trap in Mississippi? needed?

·
Rational Anarchist
14,684 Posts
thanks for the info. i am cutting my dye with alcohol in a 50/50 mix
i got that from the internet. guess i will be looking for a small compressor and tank next payday
what do you think about a moisture trap in Mississippi? needed?
I never used one, but I always used water based paint. T-shirts were my canvas. The fact that excess just passed through the material made up for a multitude of sins and errors.

·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
17,053 Posts
I never used one, but I always used water based paint. T-shirts were my canvas. The fact that excess just passed through the material made up for a multitude of sins and errors.
dye showed up. first attempt at fading,
think i need to do the red first instead of second

2'' wide cuff

·
Super Moderator
8,348 Posts
Law Tactical folding adapter, SBA3 brace and a set of MBUS for my .300 BO pistol.

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,761 Posts
One of these MagLula "things" as showing was delivered to me a couple of days ago... :)

That is a "Gen II" M4 / AR15 5.56/.223 LULA® loader & unloader. (p/n LU10DG – NEW – Dark Green.)

The three virtually priceless "boolits" were not included, however... :LOL:

Now... if I can possibly find someone rated to use scuba gear and willing to kindly assist... I might have a chance to recover my AR from the murky bottoms and deep water of our "Barnett Rez". It was lost in that "infamous" MSGO Boating Regatta on the Rez from a short few years past.... :oops:

@patchz
@Opus
@MJK62

1681 - 1693 of 1693 Posts