Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1881 - 1900 of 1919 Posts

· Registered
274 Posts
@Twang Is the curved grip (frame) more comfortable than adding a bobtail mainspring housing to a standard 1911? I'm just curious, because it looks like it may make it a lot easier to maintain a high grip on the gun.
Camera accessory Cylinder Gas Auto part Chair

· Super Moderator
12,987 Posts
@Twang Is the curved grip (frame) more comfortable than adding a bobtail mainspring housing to a standard 1911? I'm just curious, because it looks like it may make it a lot easier to maintain a high grip on the gun.
I've never shot a bobtail 1911 to compare . . . although I do prefer a flat mainspring housing on the original M1911, to the arched one on the M1911A-1. Everytime I shoot one with the arched mainspring housing, it seems like I'm always hitting high. This CZ75 clone is really comfortable to hold (haven't shot it yet). It looks very similar to the grip on a Hi-Power. To me, the most comfortable shooting handgun I've shot is a Beretta 92FS. That handgun just fits my hand great and feels really good to my hand.

· Registered
274 Posts
I've never shot a bobtail 1911 to compare . . . although I do prefer a flat mainspring housing on the original M1911, to the arched one on the M1911A-1. Everytime I shoot one with the arched mainspring housing, it seems like I'm always hitting high. This CZ75 clone is really comfortable to hold (haven't shot it yet). It looks very similar to the grip on a Hi-Power. To me, the most comfortable shooting handgun I've shot is a Beretta 92FS. That handgun just fits my hand great and feels really good to my hand.
After seeing your post, I did some research and got interested in the brand. I found quite a few SAR-9's at USA pawn during lunch. A barely used one in original box with all accessories followed me home. I'll try it out this weekend and see if it's a keeper. It don't look nearly as purdy as your SAR2000. It's just black on black.

Reactions: Twang

· Super Moderator
12,987 Posts
After seeing your post, I did some research and got interested in the brand. I found quite a few SAR-9's at USA pawn during lunch. A barely used one in original box with all accessories followed me home. I'll try it out this weekend and see if it's a keeper. It don't look nearly as purdy as your SAR2000. It's just black on black.
:nopics:

· Registered
274 Posts
Awesome. Anxious to find out how it does.

I just ordered a Tisas PX9 Gen 3. I'm waiting for it to come in before going to the range, so I can shoot both it and the SAR on the same trip.
I think USA pawn had a new one in the case at Pearl today.

· Registered
274 Posts
@Rommerdale that is a nice setup, how much was it? You said you got it a USA pawn?
Well, that's gonna make it a little harder to flip @Gulfport Joe! 3 hundo out the door. These pistols are cheap...just like me! If it does well, I plan to get the SAR-K12 Sport.

Reactions: 2A_1791

· Super Moderator
12,987 Posts

· Registered
274 Posts
Now that's a fine looking pistol . . .
View attachment 319739
It's kinda flashy and the dovetail work on the magwell could be a lot better, BUT if that mother drives tacks... who cares what it looks like? And that's half a word!

1881 - 1900 of 1919 Posts