Got my gun crack! SAR 9 Arminius short stoke trigger, stainless guide rod, safety delete and bench block. All from Galloway Precision. First impression...Not too impressed, considering it all was 1/3 the cost of the pistol. Straight away, the trigger install video on the Galloway website was sub amateur at the VERY best. The pin for the trigger was a b!/(h to put in. The guy didn't seem too concerned or interested in doing the video. I eventually made it through the crappy video and the trigger seems a little sticky. Not to the touch, but to the travel. Maybe it needs some range time to show it who's boss, but dry fire sucks at the moment. If that doesn't work, I've got some graphite that will surely make it less of a drag. I got the 15lb recoil spring so I could play with some puff loads. The spring doesn't reliably bring it to lockup. I'll probably order a 16 and 17 to see if they work better. But it dang sure racks a whole lot easier! I was wearing myself out with the stock setup, which is around 19lbs. Gonna push 50 or so light rds through it at the indoor range (don't tell 'em!) tomorrow and see how it does. Yes, I'm picking up my damn brass!!...till they catch me... Range report forthcoming.
I can finally do something with all my 7mm Weatherby Mag brass (and other magnums too). The Dillon "B" shellplate, aka 338 Remington conversion kit arrived before the tornados. Good for a pretty long list of cartridges and sure beats the old #1 I modified to use while I waited.