Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read something today that most of you probably have already thought about but it was the first time that I've seen it in print.

As gun owners we need to actively encourage everyone we know to buy and own a gun as long as they legally qualify. EVEN if you don't think they will use or benefit from it. If right about now you're scratching your head wondering why; let me explain.

It pertains to the psychology of people not liking being TOLD what to do, or forced to do things without being considered. Want to recruit a new pro SA advocate? Take that person down to the nearest LGS and have them buy a gun. Suddenly they have a vested interest in the SA. It isn't something that affects the "other guy"; now THEY are the ones whose rights are being infringed.

Even if they have never fired or will ever fire their gun. They now have a vested interest in being able to keep something that they have.

Food for thought.

·
Seeker of wisdom & Purveyor of the truth!
676 Posts
I always encourage people to buy one, but I also say they need to shoot it before they depend on it and be mentally prepared to use it if the time comes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts