close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Devotion The Road...

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by gunsinger, May 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. gunsinger

gunsinger Distinguished Poster

Petal, MS
    Matthew 7:13
    Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. (NIV)

Thoughts
    Recently, I was driving a road in the back country on which I'd never been, something I dearly enjoy. I came upon a sign that said, "PRIMITIVE ROAD, Caution, use at your own risk; this surface in not regularly maintained." What was really comical about the sign is that it was at the end of a road, placed there for you to see as you turn around and drive OUT from where you've just come.

Sometimes in our journey through life, God will allow rough roads. There may be speed bumps, potholes, or large rocks to negotiate, maybe even a washout or two. But, thank goodness that God will make our ways straight and that He'll smooth the road for us. Maybe not in this life, not always, but sooner or later, forever!
    (Cliff S)
    Action Point
    Trust God; when the road gets a little rough, there's probably something He wants us to learn. Look around and see what that might be. Remember, someday we'll walk on streets of gold if we have put our faith in Him and trusted Him for our salvation.

2. mattblake

mattblake Distinguished Poster

So true. I think sometimes as Christians we think we are going to have it made in life. We think the struggle is over but but God didn't promise us that but he did promise to never leave us.

3. stewbaby

stewbaby Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

4. righttoown

righttoown Distinguished Poster

Matthew 7:21-23

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven,but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.
    Many will say to me on that day,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?
    Then I will declare to them solemnly, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers.

5. Boudreaux

Boudreaux ULTIMATE WEAPON THE GLOCK IS....FAIL IT DOES NOT

6. patchz

patchz Court Jester

Reminds me a bit of a poem I wrote several years ago with the same title as this thread.

7. Mesquite

Mesquite Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Well put, amen