The Ruger 1911

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by DEADEYE 1, Apr 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DEADEYE 1

DEADEYE 1 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Anybody shot, owned, or checked out these current model guns in stainless.
    I am thinking about buying one in 10 mm. I don,t own a 10mm and it looks like these guns would make a nice addition to my collection. I am thinking that it would be a nice gun to take in the woods as a backup when deer hunting or [trespasser hunting].

phillipd, Mesquite, BasMstr and 2 others like this.
  2. Redlick83

Redlick83 Distinguished Poster

Starkville
    I have heard nothing but praise about them. Plus it’s a Ruger so you know if it has any issues they will fix it.

Mesquite and BasMstr like this.

3. Quickeye

Quickeye Vietnam&PersianGulf Wars MSGO Supporter

I have a Dan Wesson Razorback 10mm I'll be putting up for sale shortly(as soon as I make pictures), if you are serious. Priced right. PM this way if you want a gunsmith to gunsmith price.
    CZ Dan Wesson quality at Sturm Ruger prices.

Trashy, jakeg823 and oO_Rogue_Oo like this.
  4. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Distinguished Poster

I own one of the Rugers in 45 ACP and I consider it one of the "best bang for the buck" 1911s.

That said I handled about a half dozen of them before I bought mine. Fit was all over the place (like it is with most production 1911s)..So it took a minute to find one I was happy with. When I bought mine, I walked out for $650; and for an all stainless 1911 with Rugers customer service That isn't bad.

jakeg823 likes this.
  5. onlymaroonmatters

onlymaroonmatters Eat Sleep Jeep & Guns MSGO Supporter

Laurel
    Ruger also just released a competition 9mm 1911 that looks pretty sweet

6. jakeg823

jakeg823 Distinguished Poster

Richland
    This is the route I would take, with an offer like that!

That said, if you’re buying new, it’s hard to beat the Ruger for the money, but like oO_Rogue_Oo said, you may have to handle a few to find the right one.

7. blkout

blkout Distinguished Poster

I bought a Ruger night watchman and have been very pleased with it. I am by no means an expert but it was the best bang for the buck for the amount I could dedicate to a 1911 at the time.

jakeg823 likes this.
  8. steve2112

steve2112 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Clinton
    I had an SR1911 before it got stolen last year. I loved that thing. It gives a lot of bang for the buck. It was incredibly accurate and fed any ammo I put through it. I've been considering getting the 9mm or 10mm in it, but I already have versions of those from other manufacturers.

jakeg823 likes this.
  9. DEADEYE 1

Thanks for the input. Mr. Bob I just remembered about this thread again tonight. I will send you a message, Mike

Quickeye and jakeg823 like this.
  10. oldwelder

oldwelder Distinguished Poster

I bought a Ruger SR1911 45acp nib from a friend needing some extra Santa money back in November, I told him I would keep it nib if he wanted it back, he called last month said he couldn’t get it back to start shooting it, he had bought two Wilson Combat s/s mags and nice tan leather pancake holster for it, rain and storms here today and I do not shoot on Sundays, so I will shoot it next week on my hickok45 range.

11. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    oldwelder Grandpa wouldn't let me shoot or fish on Sunday

oldguns and Cliff731 like this.
  12. oldwelder

oldwelder Distinguished Poster

Phillip, it was my grand mother, she said Sunday was the Lords day, we when to church and then she and my mother cooked a Big Sunday Dinner, no fishing, hunting, or shooting guns on Sundays, I guess that’s why I don’t hunt or shoot on Sunday’s till this day,

oldguns, Cliff731 and phillipd like this.
  13. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    Good raising and old habits die hard although I have slipped a bit here and there

Cliff731 likes this.
  14. DEADEYE 1

I used to enjoy Sunday afternoon naps after eating a Sunday meal. While I would not mind target shooting a little on a Sunday afternoon, my conscience makes me think twice because I don,t want to disturb neighbors, just because it is Sunday and Sundays are special.

Cliff731, phillipd and fordpkup like this.
  15. WCutrerJr

WCutrerJr Distinguished Poster

I picked up a Ruger SR1911 10mm Target a while back and STILL have never shot it...been thinking of putting it in the Sale section...that DW Bob has is SUPER sweet too.

steve2112, phillipd and Quickeye like this.