Mississippi Gun Owners banner

The Sound of Gunshots in the City.........

2K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  drice561 
#1 ·
New Years Eve and New Years Day in Jackson, Mississippi......

Last night with the on and off rain, both fireworks and gunshots were reduced compared to past years. Tonight, New Years Day, both have picked back up. You can easily tell fireworks from gunshots. Gunshot are usually 3 to 10 rounds as fast as they can pull the trigger. At times I hear more gunshots than fireworks.

Isn't life in the big city grand........................

#6 ·
hahaha, Gulfport PD arrested a kid today for Shooting at a Motor Vehicle. Old girl came out this morning, found some dents in her car and called the po-po. Neighbor admitted to shooting into the air at midnight to celebrate. Obviously doesn't reload - they found the brass on the ground in his driveway.

#14 ·
If you’ve ever worked “midnight shift” in or around Jackson, you will know I’m telling the truth.
I’ve heard everything except a “maw deuce”.
Heard one gun fight that seemed to go on for over 30 minutes with some kind of fully auto brrr...brrrrrr.. brrrrrrrr. Sounded more like a fart than a gun.

Can't say that I've have ever heard a long drawn out gunfight. Have heard many what might or might not be ex changes of gunfire as every night in Sub #2 for years now somebody gonna drop a mag or 5 through out the night and day at times. About 10 years ago I did wake one morning to the BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM fairly close. Then maybe 20 seconds of silence. Then came the response, the low brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Start to finish maybe a minute, rolled over looked at the clock 2am. At 2:30 I hear sirens coming to the scene. LOL. Checked news & paper for details. None ever reported as for as I know. Good times for sure. Just another day here in the concrete jungle.

#19 ·
Gutdoc! Would it not be hard to identify those vehicles in the video and the MHP hold those individuals responsible for numerous counts including endangerment? What is by blocking the highway & piling up traffic they're had been a family trying to get their sick child to the ER and caused a horrible wreck. Wish I hadn't seen that. That just infuriates me...

#21 ·
It would be according to what vehicle I might have been in. Wife’s car .. yeah I’m sitting.
But my old tundra ... naw! I’m going to out run you or run over you, most likely the tundra could have out run everything but that Camaro. It’s ugly and I could use some more paint, different colors don’t matter!
I see your point Blade,that could have been really bad for anyone trying to get to the hospital

#25 ·
[JPD Chief] Davis said police would pursue a multitude of charges against the drivers involved and the other participants who blocked traffic.

"We're going to charge you with drag racing and shutting down the interstate. We're going to charge you with obstructing traffic. We're going to charge you with reckless and careless driving. And we're going to charge you with disorderly conduct. We're going to pursue those charges with the court," he said.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.