Mississippi Gun Owners banner

521 - 539 of 547 Posts

·
Administrator
13,026 Posts
It crank out to 500, don't think the holdover would be pretty though, LOL.

In the Marines we had to qual with the 5.56 at 2-3-and 500 yards. So I know the 6x45 could do it better than the 5.56.
Yeah the hold over was what I was getting at. Kinda lob it towards the target.

·
Registered
11,538 Posts
Well, the G19 sure didn't like any of the 115 grain plated X-Treme loads today. Gonna go back and try again. For my cast loads I tested, the 130 grain pushed by 3.8 grains of Titegroup did pretty good. Gonna play around with that load, see if I can tighten it up.

This is the 115 grain loads at 25 yards (4.0, 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 grains of Titegroup)

·
Registered
11,538 Posts
These are my ~135 grain powder coated boolits cast from my MP hollow point mold. 3.5 grains of Titegroup at 1.07" COL, from my RIA 9mm. These will do for now, while I work on the G19 and .38 Super loads.

·
Registered
11,538 Posts
Gonna go back and redo my .38 Super loads using the MP hollow point mold. After powder coating and sizing, they average around 135 grains. I need to load some more to test at 4.6, 4.7, and 4.8 grains of Titegroup.

·
Premium Member
3,327 Posts
Well, the G19 sure didn't like any of the 115 grain plated X-Treme loads today. Gonna go back and try again. For my cast loads I tested, the 130 grain pushed by 3.8 grains of Titegroup did pretty good. Gonna play around with that load, see if I can tighten it up.

This is the 115 grain loads at 25 yards (4.0, 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 grains of Titegroup)

View attachment 239564
I've struggled with X-treme and Berry's being accurate. I've found i have to make sure the crimp doesn't mess with the plating. Even then, I've not had them be very accurate.

·
Registered
11,538 Posts
I've struggled with X-trend and Berry's being accurate. I've found i have to make sure the crimp doesn't mess with the plating. Even then, I've not had them be very accurate.
I did have one load that worked really good in the 9mm 1911. I believe it was 4.0 grains of Titegroup with a 1.10” COL, light crimp (just enough to pass the chamber checker).

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,582 Posts
Sighted in a friend's TC compass2 6.5. Color me impressed. Especially for the price. The short angle bolt throw is different but allows more scope clearance. And safety lever is strange but just not used to that type. But man does it shoot. It feels pretty cheap but it shoots above its class.
IMG_7653.JPG

1 shot, adjustment, 4 shot on bags at 100.

Then tested 5 loads 5 rounds each in my pimped out savage 308. Think it likes this one. 45 grains varget with 168gr SMKBTHP. Haven't gotten the calipers on it yet but it's for sure sub MOA at 100 with bipod and rear squeeze bag.
IMG_7654.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,327 Posts
Don't know anything about the Compasses. So good to see a report. The other looks great somewhere around .5"

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,582 Posts
Don't know anything about the Compasses. So good to see a report. The other looks great somewhere around .5"
I've seen them for sale all year, my first time running one. Sub $300 especially after rebate. Trigger is super crisp. Bolt is nice and smooth no hangups. Ring mounts already installed and threaded barrel. Can't beat it. I'll be adding one eventually, just got to decide the caliber.
Edit to add that was with factory Hornady ammo.

Yeah knowing the orange dot size I was guesstimating around half an inch. Just got to get my drop measurement from factory ammo so can repeatedly dope my scope and I'll be good to go. And hit the reloading bench a few nights to get my boxes filled up.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,582 Posts
Sighted in a friend's TC compass2 6.5. Color me impressed. Especially for the price. The short angle bolt throw is different but allows more scope clearance. And safety lever is strange but just not used to that type. But man does it shoot. It feels pretty cheap but it shoots above its class.
View attachment 250165
1 shot, adjustment, 4 shot on bags at 100.

Then tested 5 loads 5 rounds each in my pimped out savage 308. Think it likes this one. 45 grains varget with 168gr SMKBTHP. Haven't gotten the calipers on it yet but it's for sure sub MOA at 100 with bipod and rear squeeze bag.
View attachment 250166
Calipers indeed confirmed 1/2"

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #538
Reactions: Soonered

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,582 Posts
Measuring from left edge to left edge, or right to right is allot easier than trying to measure center to center.

Good group non the less.
Yeah I tried that also but since the holes were all touching and ragged it was hard finding definitive edge on the inside ones. So just eye balled center to center, and .5" is probably rounding up a tad

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #540
Hey close enough for yard work. And still a great group.

521 - 539 of 547 Posts