Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone own/shot one before? Or links to a good unbiased review?

Just wanna know how it stacks up against other 1911's in comparison.

·
Registered
12,657 Posts
I have not handled one, but every review ive read has been good. All have said its a great gun for the price.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
They ought to be real bargains though I haven't handled one personally, the unique to Ruger way that the spring detent tube
is machined on instead of being staked eliminates a huge problem.
If you've ever had one shoot or work loose, the gun is on the
sick list until you can get to a smith for restaking.
Unless you have a specific tool for that purpose, Brownell's sells a variety of them
but unless you're a smith specializing in 1911s, probably not worth the money.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My friend got one from Sportmans Warehouse for $699.

A lot of the parts are very loose fitting compared to my Kimber, but it still shoots accurate.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have the Ruger sr1911. I also have Springfield TRP and Kimber Raptor. I have not noticed anything being loose on the Ruger. I think its a great gun and half the price of my other two.

·
Registered
15,366 Posts
Loose 1911s have worked well for how many years now?

The Ruger looks like a solid piece, but I'm with neck, I like to wait a year or three. Not only do more kinks get worked out, but by that time there are more accessories available. Which isn't generally a problem with 1911s but it's a good rule of thumb for new platforms

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hey, it's a Ruger. You can't go wrong!

msredneck said:
Never buy a first year production gun....never...let em work the kinks out...Not even Ruger
This.
I learned my lesson on first year Kel-Tecs.

·
MSGO Court Jester
36,905 Posts
jakeg823 said:
Loose 1911s have worked well for how many years now?
':lol:' I was wondering how long that would take.

Reactions: rc

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
This will probably be my next 1911, but as others have already said, I'll wait a year or so. Remember the LCP craze...everybody HAD to have one? Then came the recall LOL. Patience is indeed a virtue.

·
MSGO Court Jester
36,905 Posts
I have often thought how much fun it would be to be able to go back in time, post WWII, to a military armor and show him a modern, tricked out 1911. Master Sgt.'s can be a lot of fun.

Reactions: rc
1 - 20 of 42 Posts