Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MSGO Court Jester
36,865 Posts
Good advice. I especially like his statement in the next to last paragraph.

·
Registered
15,211 Posts
I seem to recall him saying essentially the same thing a couple times in past. :)

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,445 Posts
My daughter just took a transfer down there. Worry about her , she needs to make it her state of residence so she can buy a handgun. I doubt she would carry at 34 she still hasn't woke up to the dangers of the real world.

·
Premium Member
27,266 Posts
All conservatives should arm themselves and be prepared to defend themselves and their family and friends, liberals, guns are bad, it's best for you to call 911, try giving your attacker a hug, other liberals say it will work. The law will be there within 45 minutes.
I prefer to hug my 1911, not call 911. But I guess I'll have to buy one first!

·
Premium Member
27,266 Posts
My daughter just took a transfer down there. Worry about her , she needs to make it her state of residence so she can buy a handgun. I doubt she would carry at 34 she still hasn't woke up to the dangers of the real world.
Keep talking to her, sir. FL is a dangerous state! IMHO.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,445 Posts
I do but it is hard to convince her of anything. But I keep trying.

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
I am glad that he feels that way. It has been around 15 years since I was last down there and I took my gun then.

·
Registered
15,211 Posts
Following the link trail there was also this from ‘This is war’: Florida sheriff urges citizens to arm themselves in case of attack
Ivey’s message is at odds with some others in law enforcement, who argue that more citizens carrying guns exposes officers to more dangerous situations, and could prevent them from doing their jobs safely.

Leonard Papania, the police chief in Gulfport, Mississippi, spoke out against weakening gun regulations to the New York Times, saying, “Do you want every incident on your street to escalate to acts of gun violence?” /
Apparently the Gulfport Chief isn't all that enthusiastic about Ivey's position. :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts