Thought provoking

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by fatgnome, May 15, 2018.

1. cruiser

cruiser Distinguished Poster

Loss of a child, especially a young one is almost unbearable. Read and think about this from Isaiah 57:1- " the righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart; devout men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil." Because God can see the future, I think He removes some from here and brings them to Himself to spare them from things worse than death, namely, the loss of salvation.

2. senilking

senilking Distinguished Poster

Pontotoc
    Don't forget that God still loves everyone, and doesn't desire for any to perish. He loves the common hood rat/meth head/dope dealer as much as He loves you or me. And if we've committed even one sin, we've spurned His law and told Him that we wanted to make the decisions we thought would be better rather than listening to Him, essentially putting our selves as god rather than Him. That's pride, and that's what got Satan kicked out of heaven, and it's what got Adam in trouble, and it's what separates us from God too. One or a hundred sins, we're all equal.

It's hard to swallow that we're the same as the low down, dirty, terrible human beings like the thugs or even Hitler himself, but that's the beauty of it too. We are all His creations, and we are all equally loved by Him and no matter how far we fall, Christ's sacrifice still covered all of our sins already. There are many stories of martyrs who finally truly saw through God's eyes and saw their tormentors for who they really were and loved them, praying for their souls while the tormentors were trying to destroy their bodies. The same as Christ did.

When it boils down to it, it would make more sense for God to pull us out of this fallen world and into perfection the moment we accepted His sacrifice. No more pain, no more sorrow, into perfect bliss and happiness. And leave those that are not until they finally accept it. But for whatever reason He chose to include us in His plan to save the others. Plus, if you just instantly died as soon as you were saved, I imagine anyone left would be slightly hesitant, lol.

Sorry, wall of text, but I think about this topic a lot. And I question about it a lot until I get the right perspective again. As far as why the saved folks have to suffer while here, that's just part of the corruption of creation. For the saved, Earth is the only hell we will experience, but for the unsaved, this is the only Heaven they will experience.

melmerf, Quickeye and Jeff700 like this.

3. cruiser

cruiser Distinguished Poster

Most of the questions that we have are the same as those before us have pondered for centuries. We want answers, but God is not going to sky write it for us. We must seek, ask, and knock. Do you talk to God in the stillness of the night? Do you read devotionals and study from his word? In other words, are you giving God your time to seek Him, and then time to listen for His response? And, remember, God never promised us a rose garden when we become Christians. If that were the case, "faith" would be eliminated and everyone would accept based on "fact".

melmerf and Jeff700 like this.
  4. Jeff700

Jeff700 Distinguished Poster

North MS
    Well said guys!

cruiser and melmerf like this.
  5. Quickeye

Quickeye Vietnam&PersianGulf Wars MSGO Supporter

I doon wanna go to no lake of fire!!!!! I can't swim.:( LOL

No disrespect intended. Surely God has a sense of humor. Just look around.

fordpkup likes this.
  6. melmerf

melmerf Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I can wait until the day all my questions will be answered, but I'm in no hurry. The one thing I'd like to know now though is... How do animals think? they don't have words. I understand instinct and action/ reaction but there's much more to it than that. Silly, I know.

7. Quickeye

Quickeye Vietnam&PersianGulf Wars MSGO Supporter

Curious.. Ancient Hebrew language is supposedly understood by animals. According to Genesis 9-5, animals will be held to account as well as us, for unwarranted blood spilled.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    phillipd likes this.
  8. Caleb C

Caleb C Distinguished Poster

Lake, MS
    My one question is the same one I ask God regularly (although not often enough).

What do you want me to do?

9. Leonidas

Leonidas The Beast MSGO Supporter

Louisiana
    "For not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, will enter the Kingdom of Heaven."
    Matthew 7:21

Sobering, yes. But, not applicable to those indwelt by the living God.

What God says about His adopted family:

Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
    Paul to the Phillipians 1:6

I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
    Hebrews 13:5

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
    John 10:29 (no man includes yourself)

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
    Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory.
    Paul to the Ephesians 1:13,14

I could go on, but I will end with the words of angels when appearing to the righteous,

"Fear not."

cruiser likes this.
  10. Ellis93

Ellis93 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

In regards to my first post in this tread. I understand gods love,how he gives it freely to all his children.....saint and sinner alike. I also believe that he would/will call home the faithful in his own time,whether in pain or sickness.

The mystery here is how can the miscreants act the way they do and get away with it,without the consequences.

I for one believe I AM here for a purpose. There's no doubt in my mind. I should have been dead since 1998 when I decided to try to knock the tops out of two pine trees from the bottom with a 1983 3/4 to Chevy. 34 days on a breathing machine from broken ribs puncturing one lung,sticking in my liver and fractured skull with brain swelling.....not to mention the almost torn off ear and broken left arm. I'm reminded daily by seeing the voids in my right side from where the chest tubes where sown in. (I ripped them out,apparently I don't do well on some drugs)
    You bet your bottom I know I'm here for a reason. I hope I fulfill the intended purpose. Hate to be the one who wastes the gift.

phillipd, fordpkup and melmerf like this.
  11. gunsinger

gunsinger Distinguished Poster

Petal, MS
    Thanks fatgnome for creating this thread and thanks to all who have commented. What a great discussion.

12. Leonidas

Leonidas The Beast MSGO Supporter

Louisiana
    I have a strong suspicion that we will be very surprised at some who make the cut, and more so at some who do not.

"And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom."
    Luke 23:42

The worst of the worst...at the last instant. Praise God.....that His ways are not man's ways.

13. Jeff700

Jeff700 Distinguished Poster

North MS
    They aren't going to get away with it. They may get by without consequences for most of their life here on earth, but the day of reckoning WILL come.

Check out what God's word says:
    5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: 7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; 8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, 9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; -Roman 2:5-9

IF you have repented, and trust Jesus (not yourself) and what He did for your salvation, you can have assurance that He will save you.
    ...in the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised long ages ago -Titus 1:2

There will be a judgement for the unsaved. You can read about this is in Revelations 20:11-15.

There will also be a judgement for those that are saved...a different judgement. You can read about this in 1 Corinthians 3:10.

The verse referenced earlier Matthew 7:21-23 - 21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

This is referring to people that are trusting in what THEY DID to enter heaven. Even if you are trusting in what appears to be spiritual gifts, it will not get you into heaven. Don't be deceived into placing your confidence in displays of religion, good deeds, or spiritual gifts for assurance. Put your faith where God put your sin - on Jesus Christ.

5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified. 6 But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified. - 2 Corinthians 13:5-7

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  14. senilking

senilking Distinguished Poster

Pontotoc
    If you are talking about getting away with it from a jail time perspective, God ordained government, but He allows man to run it how they see fit.
    Also, God already set this world up to run a certain way, and 9/10 times bad behavior results in bad consequences. The worst of the worst tend to live significantly shorter lives and deal with a lot more death around them and having to protect themselves and their property more. But they wallow in the consequences and think they are normal, so it doesn't bother them anymore than mud on a white shirt bothers my toddler.
    If you are talking about getting away with it from a "God smite them when they get to a level of badness," then I don't know. I think He focuses more on correcting us like we correct our children, with candy or belt, than He does correcting the lost souls that won't understand the correction. And I know He does punish some unbelievers, when it helps bring them back to Him. But I imagine if He instantly corrected folks to the extent that His righteousness requires rather than just what we think, then we'd all be much worse for wear, if even alive. Adam and Eve probably would have died physically instantly.

One day though, He'll fix all the ways that I misunderstand all of this and it'll make much more sense. Once I get passed that whole death thing, lol.

15. fatgnome

fatgnome Distinguished Poster

Yes, this is a great discussion, and thanks for the replies.
    We have gotten a little - ok, alot deeper, than intended in the opening post.

16. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    You will fulfill His purpose and do so every day. I struggle with your question every day. Why do the low lifes and criminals get the breaks and the hard working family men and women pay the price? It's because what we know day to day is temporary. None of this matters. There are no permanent winners here on earth, just some who fare better than others. The ones who do right and follow the Lord have a mansion waiting.

17. Lefty2Guns

Lefty2Guns Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I ask God every night to show our president the right path so that he will do right for America, and for it to extend to all the good people of the world.