close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thoughts on a Glock 36 for CCW?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by slickyboyboo, May 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. slickyboyboo

slickyboyboo Distinguished Poster

Clinton
    As the title states, your thoughts?

2. 22lrfan

22lrfan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I've got one but I've never carried it. I don't know of any reason you couldn't.

3. SMissCCJ

SMissCCJ Glad to be here

You certainly could...but you could also go with the Glock 30S...10 +1, just a touch thicker in the slide. I am a bit biased as it is one of my favorites.

4. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Had one and liked it as a carry. Wish I still had it.

5. jakeg823

jakeg823 Distinguished Poster

If you like it go for it. I've always thought the 36 felt $#!++¥, even for a Glock. But if you like it, that's plenty of power in a relatively small package.

6. sigpro2022

sigpro2022 Distinguished Poster

There are better options in my opinion. Kinda hard to control. I've only shot one one time, didn't care for it.

7. PWB

PWB Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Best thing...it a .45. Overall frame size is comparable to a Glock 19/23/30S but the slide is thinner. I strongly considered buying one but settled on a Glock 30S. The 30S is the same frame size as a 23; which is what I carry everyday. Other than being a bit thinner and limited to 6+1 not a lot of difference between it and a 30S. The 30S is a piece of cake to shoot and I imagine with the right load the 36 would be too.

8. Jarhead5811

Jarhead5811 Rational Anarchist MSGO Supporter

I carry a Glock 22, or 27 when I want to go lighter. A Glock 43 is my backup, I carry it in a pocket. I've owned several other Glocks. Bottom line, I like Glocks.

That being said I'll tell you that the XDs .45 feels way better in my hand than the Glock 36. I've never shot either. The 36 isn't as concealable and doesn't feel as good in my hand as my 27. It feels way better than the 30 or 21 but I have smallish hands.

As far carrying a 36 goes I don't see anything wrong with it as a carry weapon.

wllmkttrll and rigrat like this.
  9. slickyboyboo

slickyboyboo Distinguished Poster

Clinton
    Thanks for the input. I'm not 100% on the 36 yet. I fondled one the other day, but plan on looking at the 30S and the XDs at the gun show this weekend as well as let my fiance look at a few more, although she is pretty set on the Ruger LC380. I have a Gen 3 23/32 combo that I would like to sell first. My post count isn't high enough yet to post it up here, but I'm slowly working on that. :)

Jarhead5811 likes this.
  10. Jarhead5811

Jarhead5811 Rational Anarchist MSGO Supporter

My Wife has an XDs 9mm and she not only likes the size of it she enjoys shooting it. (I like it but find the Glock 43 more concealable.) Dimensionally it's identical to the .45 version but slightly heavier because of the extra barrel thickness. It's more capable than any .380 (not to mention cheaper ammo) and a hoot to shoot. Just throwing that out there.

I'm planning to get a Glock 19 eventually. Making 9mm the only ammo we need to stock. I don't plan to shed the 22 and 27 but to pick up conversion barrels and mags. I just don't like the idea of using such a setup for EDC.

SMissCCJ, PWB and rigrat like this.
  11. Stryker6

Stryker6 Distinguished Poster

I carry my Glock 30 all the time and really can't tell any difference when carrying it vs my 19 or 23, with a good belt and holster you can just about carry anything comfortably. A friend of mine bought his wife a Ruger LC380 and she absolutely loves it, I put a few rounds through it and it shot very good with 95 grain Winchester defend ammo.

SMissCCJ and PWB like this.
  12. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

The XDS is what I would love to have. I would love to have 1 each in 45acp and 9mm, more than likely the 4" version.

Jarhead5811 likes this.