Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Biden sux! Can I get a round of applause? OK, we all know that the current crop of insane Dems are going to do everything they can to impinge on our 2A rights. Let' examine what this might mean for us and what I think might happen.

Biden is on record as saying that he wants to see so-called "assault rifles" become NFA weapons with the associated registrations and $200 tax stamp requirements. I believe this is possible, much as I dislike the prospect. I think most people - while holding their noses and possibly barfing - would register their favorite rifle and go through the indignity of negotiating the process. When the 1934 NFA - which I believe was unconstitutional as hell - was passed, $200 was the rough equivalent of $2000 to $3000 today. Remember that this was during the Great Depression and effectively resulted in confiscation. Today, $200 is no big deal. People do it every day to register suppressors.

The problem with not registering them would be that you would be sitting with the contraband equivalent of having bags of meth or cocaine in your house. How many people, after thinking this through, would be willing to risk themselves, their livelihood and their families?

Where it would get trickier is if they made every 10+ round magazine an NFA item. Then I see it as an impossibility with mass non-compliance. There are no serial numbers on magazines and no way to prove provenance. The Democrats are not known for their firearms knowledge, so they just might try to pull such a bone-headed stunt.

Understand as I write this that I'm in NO WAY approving of any of this; I'm just discussing possibilities.

I cruise a lot of firearms and conservative sites and I always see a fair number of keyboard commandos saying something to the effect that they are going to bury their rifles. A lot of these folks - even owners - have probably never even field stripped, much less detail stripped an AR. Why bury your rifle??? In the case of the AR, it's simple enough to detail strip the thing and wind up with a bare lower, which is smaller than most pistols and only weighs a few ounces. Maybe - if someone was so inclined - just bury just that, as it's - at least currently - the only part that is legally a firearm.

One thing I think is a possibility is that the value of the "assault rifles" will continue to skyrocket. Why? If there is legislation preventing future manufacture and importation of parts, we'll see a finite number available, even through NFA regulation. These rifles could become the firearms world's equvalent of Bitcoin!

I'm sure I've only scratched the surface of possibilities, but would like to hear other member's thoughts.

Best
Doc

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,531 Posts
Meh I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Trump supporters and Republicans will more than likely be all going to concentration camps before long anyway. So his gun controls will be a mute point.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
20,739 Posts
Meh I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Trump supporters and Republicans will more than likely be all going to concentration camps before long anyway. So his gun controls will be a mute point.
Yeah, just like they were when Obama was elected. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,400 Posts
The Government did it to full-autos in 1986. No sells of FAs made after 1986. That set the number of guns available and FA prices have risen ever since. What was $500 in 1986 costs about $8000 today.

·
Registered
383 Posts
We can always just convert and become one of them. Then everything will be a lot less stressful and we can finally go outside and not be afraid no more..it’ll be like a huge burden lifted just take the blue pill

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Maybe JoBama would be on board for 24/7 taxpayer funded professional armed security for every household like he has....M16's or whatever on full auto with extreme high capacity magazines. He and the chosen ones have this so why shouldn't we ? ?

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,531 Posts
Yeah, just like they were when Obama was elected. :rolleyes:
I'm sorry I thought you of all people could read sarcasm with out the emoji.

Reactions: bar306

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m of the opinion that if they desire to make gun owners felons for not following their plans for a registry then said owners should go ahead and drill that extra hole. At that point whats one more felony charge. I for one don’t see the entire community rolling over on this issue.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
The law-abiding gun owning community is going to most un-pleasantly surprised in short order....say after Jan. 20th.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
The law-abiding gun owning community is going to most un-pleasantly surprised in short order....say after Jan. 20th.
Probably sooner at the State level in various States. I'm sure that the usual suspects in the MS legislature will introduce some gag worthy bills this session.

FL has a new one filed already:

SB 370, which is far reaching for semiauto anything, including .22's.

Reactions: bar306

·
Registered
863 Posts
I’m of the opinion that if they desire to make gun owners felons for not following their plans for a registry then said owners should go ahead and drill that extra hole. At that point whats one more felony charge. I for one don’t see the entire community rolling over on this issue.
Remember John Ross's Unintended Consequences.

The first felony's hideously expensive.
The rest are free.

Hope we don't reach that point, but I'm starting to, as the old saying says, hope in one hand, and I'm seeing which is filling up first.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If ALL gun owners in the U.S. would just not comply. Estimated 150 million gun owners, if estimates are correct out out of 350 million people. Gun owners are usually tax payers, so 60% or so are prosecuted the demoncrats tax base would plummet. Seems like to me they wouldn't have enough money to run the country very long. Then imagine the riots in the streets when there would be no social security, SSI, food stamps or other govt. handouts. 2 Years ago in New Jersey they passed the same law and only 4% complied. Haven't heard of any mass arrests. Pretty sure in the history of the world registration has led to confiscation.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts