Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,039 Posts
I almost wish they would try for confiscation instead of taxation confiscation wouldn’t last a month due to the body count on both sides
My problem is who dies. We probably aren’t talking crack heads and general trash folks,I have a feeling the contributing members/law abiding get hit first because they would be considered easy targets.
Regardless.......I hope it’s federal officers of some sort that they make pull this off. I’d hate to have to face off with people I know well.

·
Rational Anarchist
14,395 Posts
I almost wish they would try for confiscation instead of taxation confiscation wouldn’t last a month due to the body count on both sides
^^^THIS!!! Incrementalism has eaten away our rights very effectively. In order for people to stand up to them, before it’s too late, they’ll have to step it up to what most folks find unreasonable. Sure, most of us find any gun control unreasonable but the general population doesn’t agree.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
I wish I was as eloquent and as compelling as these two state-level (NC & CT), lawful gun owners ...

[RE: Mr. Cinque on Connecticut's anti-gun bills]
The law neither prevents violence nor protects children. It has, however, far reaching effects. It converts law-abiding citizens into potential felons by the tens of thousands, by making criminals of those of us who choose not to comply with the registration requirements. This despite our having legally and safely owned guns and ammunition for years. It has been reported conservatively that there are more than 50,000 unregistered assault weapons in Connecticut. Their owners can be charged with a Class D felony.
This law, passed in the aftermath of the tragic killings at Sandy Hook Elementary School, emerged from the bowels of the Capitol in the dead of night. It is just the most current example of the mistaken ideological crusade that is "gun control." Requiring legislation on an object will not slow those with malicious intent. Further, history has proven that gun control laws lead to confiscation. It happened in England. It happened in Australia. It happened in Canada. Now it will happen in America.
Neither school safety nor proven real issues that lead to gun violence are addressed in this law. How does registration dissuade a person bent on violence?
Those who are willing to see the awful truth of our current situation realize that the law has been perverted to serve ideology and political leaning over equal and exact justice founded on the protection of individual rights. Can there be any safety to property or individual rights with this model at its core?

Reactions: Hoot G

·
Registered
9 Posts
The gun community should take some tips from the weed industry. Weed has always been illegal and still is on a Federal level but is ignored. If every doesnt comply then the penalties would be very relaxed. They do not have enough jail space to place all gun owners into.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
I like it! For those interested, I'll be hosing the first annual "Toke & Pull Sporting Clays Challenge". There will be mandatory bong hits between stations. Snacks provided. Bring the whole family.
Lol

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
The gun community should take some tips from the weed industry. Weed has always been illegal and still is on a Federal level but is ignored. If every doesnt comply then the penalties would be very relaxed. They do not have enough jail space to place all gun owners into.
It's harder to ID, track and find marijuana users (at the federal level).

The Feds have paper and digital 4473's to "assist" them in their search for soon-to-be-felonious gun owners... but it's not a registry, of course. :rolleyes: See also Walmart.

OUTRAGE: Walmart Poised To Turn Nearly 20% Of Their 4473 Records Over To The BATF, Creating A Searchable Database Of Gun Owners (secondamendmentdaily.com)

And just wait until gun owners can't find employment, banks, mortgage companies, cable/phone companies, or law firms who will take their business ...

Reactions: whoflungdo
21 - 31 of 31 Posts