Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Grouchy Old Fart
23,650 Posts
I have 2 10/22's. One stock and the other I customized myself. The custom rifle is a tack driver. I used a Fajen bull barrel and stock. I put a Bushnell 3x9 wide view scope. It shoots better than I can.

Reactions: CajunBP

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,598 Posts
What’s your guys thoughts on building 10/22 rifles ... who would rather just buy on built already
Buy a stock rifle and then customize it yourself to your liking. If you need any help with ideals look at the site rimfirecentral. Great site for the 10/22 customizer. They are easy to customize. I got into doing that for several years until I got burnt out and just quit doing it.
If you need any help holler at me I can offer some advice based on my experience. Some of the old guys was still active on rimfirecentral last time I checked also.
Some mods for 10/22's here on my old google page.
Ruger 10/22's - Rigrat's Place

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
I customized one using all Kidd brand parts with
the exception of a Hogue Overmolded polymer
stock and put a Vortex 6.5-20 Viper PST scope on it.
The scope is admittedly serious overkill but it
sure does shoot well. The rest of the KIDD pieces
parts turned an average shooter/plinker into a
tack driver that shoots right up there with a CZ
turn bolt model 452 that I also have.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
What’s your guys thoughts on building 10/22 rifles ... who would rather just buy on built already
I see your new to the site. Welcome. And to answer your question, I have to ask a few question. What do you intend to do with it? Are you going to hunt, target shoot for fun, shoot local rimfire competition matches or shoot ABRA (Auto Bench Rest Assoc.) on a national competition level. One of the most important questions is "How much do you want to spend"? When you say "Custom" there are a lot of things that are possible. Custom rimfire rifles now-a-days can run you anywhere from $1500 to $5000 or more. I shoot a bolt rifle myself for ARA (American Rimfire Assoc.) competition but there are some people that shoot ABRA where they use 10/22 "Customs". Take a look at the Gallery Page on ABRA. These 10/22s will run you around the $3000 mark. Then let us know what you intend to do with it and how much you want to spend. Then maybe we can help you figure out the best way to go.

Here's a link to ABRA Home, Auto Bench Rest Association

Also a link to ARA. American Rimfire Association

1 - 8 of 8 Posts