Mississippi Gun Owners banner

41 - 60 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I think your idea has a major flaw. You said the left would be too morally torn to contribute. There are two words in there that should never be used in the same sentence....left and morally
Can't argue with that, sir, you have me there!

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
19,400 Posts
Let's back all the way up here. I'm not the only one that has noticed this per forum threads... BUT: Let's say my foil hat has conducted enough electricity to fry my brain and there is no such people, bots, trolls, purple unicorns, or whatever... Would we still not be ripe for the picking if somebody wanted to come in and cause massive backlash using what we say in confidence to harm us? Yeah, you're right, [email protected] 'em, so what? It's only going to invite more and more until at the very least the forum isn't an enjoyable place and we start to lose membership that way. We don't really care about our words being twisted and reprinted but when they has full control of Congress and the White House, wouldn't we want just a LITTLE more anonymity. All someone would have to do is scream we're a terrorist organization based on pieces of posts with parts omitted or added for the People's Republic Justice Department with DHS to show up at all our front doors with warrants legally obtained... So they find nothing... Will they shrug their shoulders and say, "Oh well, sorry for the inconvenience," and walk away? They'll find SOMETHING... Even if not, want to go through that?

This may seem like an extreme and far fetched example. Is it really that hard to conceive? Should we not prepare and be pre-emptive and proactive in our approach to anonymity and freedom of speech?
Personally I think you started this thread because His Story asked you to provide links about the BLM supporting Palestine, in this thread Why, Oh Why and What's the next target?
Because your next post after he asked was "Gentlemen, I believe we HAVE been infiltrated. Signing out... " Then you start this thread.
Think you just got a case of butthurt because he questioned your post, not we have folks trying to infiltrate MSGO to do us harm.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Personally I think you started this thread because His Story asked you to provide links about the BLM supporting Palestine, in this thread Why, Oh Why and What's the next target?
Because your next post after he asked was "Gentlemen, I believe we HAVE been infiltrated. Signing out... " Then you start this thread.
Think you just got a case of butthurt he questioned your post, not we have folks trying to infiltrate MSGO to do us harm.
Lol. Love you brother bubbat. PM incoming. I want to publically apologize to you once again for the thing I said about insurance execs back in the Spring and the funny I made about your moniker "Gatekeeper to My Corner of Hell." I don't imagine you thought it was too funny. I was, and have been very upset with insurance agencies everywhere. I don't want a public feud, so I'm coming to you privately.

·
19,400 Posts
Lol. Love you brother bubbat. PM incoming. I want to publically apologize to you once again for the thing I said about insurance execs back in the Spring and the funny I made about your moniker "Gatekeeper to My Corner of Hell." I don't imagine you thought it was too funny. I was, and have been very upset with insurance agencies everywhere. I don't want a public feud, do I'm coming to you privately.
No need to apologize, I had actually forgotten all about it.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
there use to be a way of disallowing bots in general from sites...not sure of the actual coding for this site programing, but it was easy enough to do on others.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Think you just got a case of butthurt because he questioned your post, not we have folks trying to infiltrate MSGO to do us harm.
Stupid me , thought he was talking about the Bureau of land management,which is why I asked for the links . Now if he had wrote BLM or Black lives Matter I would have understood from the get go.

·
19,400 Posts
Stupid me , thought he was talking about the Bureau of land management,which is why I asked for the links . Now if he had wrote BLM or Black lives Matter I would have understood from the get go.
Thought you might have mis-understood that. Told him I thought you did.

·
Chief cook and bottle washer
1,419 Posts
Just adding my 2 cents and not trying to be a conspiracy theorist. Agree there’s been some “additions “ that I’ve questioned. CYA has always been a good thing. Staying within the law is a must, so maybe advice from one of the site’s lawyer friends may be needed.
Just think there’s some Tares among the wheat at the moment.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
One thing I learned is I can't be up til 1am on the forum and get up at 5 to drive an hour and a half. Bubbat set me straight on my issue that sparked my posting this, BUT if it didn't happen this time, it will. Best be prepared...

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
I am opposed to it. Only thing I would be for is requiring state residency to become a member. And that you should have to have at least 100 posts and 3 months to access classifieds.
Rig, only problem with that would be verification of state residency. How?

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Let's back all the way up here. I'm not the only one that has noticed this per forum threads... BUT: Let's say my foil hat has conducted enough electricity to fry my brain and there is no such people, bots, trolls, purple unicorns, or whatever... Would we still not be ripe for the picking if somebody wanted to come in and cause massive backlash using what we say in confidence to harm us? Yeah, you're right, [email protected] 'em, so what? It's only going to invite more and more until at the very least the forum isn't an enjoyable place and we start to lose membership that way. We don't really care about our words being twisted and reprinted but when they has full control of Congress and the White House, wouldn't we want just a LITTLE more anonymity. All someone would have to do is scream we're a terrorist organization based on pieces of posts with parts omitted or added for the People's Republic Justice Department with DHS to show up at all our front doors with warrants legally obtained... So they find nothing... Will they shrug their shoulders and say, "Oh well, sorry for the inconvenience," and walk away? They'll find SOMETHING... Even if not, want to go through that?

This may seem like an extreme and far fetched example. Is it really that hard to conceive? Should we not prepare and be pre-emptive and proactive in our approach to anonymity and freedom of speech?
I strongly suspect we are monitored by at least one or more alphabet agency, even if only by algorithms looking for key words / phrases.
I have experienced first hand how fast the SS descends on a couple of innocent teenagers who, at an authority figure's prompting, probed the parameters of a search engine. I'll speak to guys I know from MSGO about this in person but nothing else on that subject.
There is nothing anonymous on any site such as this, save for concealing one's self through a false identity and using a masking browser app such as Tor.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
I strongly suspect we are monitored by at least one or more alphabet agency, even if only by algorithms looking for key words / phrases.
I have experienced first hand how fast the SS descends on a couple of innocent teenagers who, at an authority figure's prompting, probed the parameters of a search engine. I'll speak to guys I know from MSGO about this in person but nothing else on that subject.
There is nothing anonymous on any site such as this, save for concealing one's self through a false identity and using a masking browser app such as Tor.
ETA many on here use a "false identity" or nickname but that pesky ol' ISP address points straight back at your computer. Just a FYI for those who've never had to consider such a thing.

·
19,400 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but what is a BOT? And also, is there/was there another forum on this website that is pay only? Just curious.
It's short for robot. An automated program that gathers info on the forum for search engines, mostly through keys words. They use that info so MSGO will show up in searches. It almost instantaneous.

·
Rational Anarchist
13,835 Posts
There’s zero chance that the company owning this forum would kick out the bots. Search engines bring traffic. That’s what they make their money from.

·
19,400 Posts
There’s zero chance that the company owning this forum would kick out the bots. Search engines bring traffic. That’s what they make their money from.
I don't see it now or just haven't found it but you use to be able to see how many members and guest were online and it always listed the number of bots too. There were always bots listed.

·
Premium Member
12,027 Posts
I don't see it now or just haven't found it but you use to be able to see how many members and guest were online and it always listed the number of bots too. There were always bots listed.
I’m a Bot! With a premium member.......ship 😂

41 - 60 of 160 Posts