Mississippi Gun Owners banner

61 - 80 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
not on here now that I can see.
needs to be.
The old old site had it. If you use thewaybackmachine, you can find times that you were specifically on.

I prefer that folks can't just google our posts, but what can you do when when MSGO is owned and ruled by $?

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
19,400 Posts
The old old site had it. If you use thewaybackmachine, you can find times that you were specifically on.

I prefer that folks can't just google our posts, but what can you do when when MSGO is owned and ruled by $?
People have been able google our post since it has existed, nothing new.

·
Rational Anarchist
13,835 Posts
People have been able google our post since it has existed, nothing new.
Which is how I found the forum. I was searching for information on the bill that introduced the Enhanced firearms license.

I’d say political discussion should be moved to the premium area.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My thoughts
1 Forum been around since 2009 we have always had a few trolls join just to stir things up
2 Membership would drop if people had to pay to use the forum, seen it happen on other forums
3 Like you said we aren't doing anything illegal so why hide?
4 I think your tinfoil hat might be a little tight, loosen the headband.
Just my 2 cents.
Valid

·
Rational Anarchist
13,835 Posts
Reactions: Henry Bowman

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd watch what you PM each other too, site administrator's can and do read them. A fella I know was banned on another gun forum for something he said in a PM and the other party didn't complain.

·
19,400 Posts
I'd watch what you PM each other too, site administrator's can and do read them. A fella I know was banned on another gun forum for something he said in a PM and the other party didn't complain.
Unless it's changed they can't, I know mods couldn't when I was one and I asked Hammer the original owner/administrator of the forum if he could and he said no. PMs are private or at least were originally.

·
Premium Member
12,027 Posts
Mississippi isn’t that big of a state.......people can still find other people. That would be an intrusion that would warrant a response.

·
MSGO Court Jester
35,209 Posts
I don't know about admins, though I doubt it, but mods can't access other member's pm's. Nor would I want to.

·
19,400 Posts
I do hope you are correct but I will aire on the side of caution, myself.
I doubt admins can, hell if they could, I know a bunch of folks including myself that would have been permanently banned for what they sent in PMs. years ago.😁

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's really not a far off idea, text messages are third party also so is Instagram and Twitter I believe.

·
Rational Anarchist
13,835 Posts
Nothing electronic is private, it’s just a matter of how hard it is to get.

61 - 80 of 160 Posts