Mississippi Gun Owners banner

81 - 100 of 160 Posts

·
Chief cook and bottle washer
1,419 Posts
Wouldn’t hurt to have a verified location, here lately there’s nothing just a date when joined

·
MSGO Court Jester
35,209 Posts
The member has control of that in their settings.

·
Deplorable
2,102 Posts
My son is on here and probably won't be a resident much longer, I guess if a member vouched for the out of state person. That could be confusing I guess. IDK.

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
Perhaps a formal request be made by these good members? Lots of leftists in NOLA, Miami, and even places we wouldn't think about. I don't know... just throwing an idea out there... Must be a way to keep/allow good members and weed out trolls or those looking to make a name for themselves at the expense of us and all 2A supporters.
Isn't that what that PREMIUMS MEMBER forum they started??
Just asking :cool:.

·
MSGO Court Jester
35,209 Posts
Basically, just the ability to not see ads and a section only they can enter.

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but what is a BOT? And also, is there/was there another forum on this website that is pay only? Just curious.
jist, on old site: if you Sponsored $$MSGO, you were spared all the ADVERTISING that was on Site. At least ,that's my take on it; apparently, that has rolled over into its own CIGAR ROOM,LOL, on this new site.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
19,400 Posts
Ad blocker fixes not seeing ads, (I haven't seen a single ad since the new format a few use to slip past it before) and they are free. Just saying.

·
Premium Member
5,894 Posts
If you are someone like me that has trouble going to sleep and get on the forum at 3 in the morning; sometimes it is only me and the bots. That is when I could see them.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Guess I'm the odd man out because I don't really see a need for minimum days/posts. There are several people on here that have been members for years and only post in the classifieds. What's the big deal? I guess if they had a smoking hot deal on something you wanted, you probably wouldn't care how long they've been a member or how many "meaningful" posts they have.

·
Super Moderator
7,024 Posts
Guess I'm the odd man out because I don't really see a need for minimum days/posts. There are several people on here that have been members for years and only post in the classifieds. What's the big deal? I guess if they had a smoking hot deal on something you wanted, you probably wouldn't care how long they've been a member or how many "meaningful" posts they have.
I'm sure some folks are afraid they'll miss out on a bargain, if some newbie beats them to it. They want to limit the number of possible buyers.

·
19,400 Posts
I'm sure some folks are afraid they'll miss out on a bargain, if some newbie beats them to it. They want to limit the number of possible buyers.
I haven't seen any bargains in the classifieds lately that would make anyone want to limit the number of possible buyers..lol I think those of us who want to keep or increase the wait and number of post just get tired of the "I just joined and I can't see the classified post" that are posted every day. They don't even take the time to read the rules so you know they are just here to buy or sell, that's not what is forum was started for, if it was it would be named MSGO Buy and Sell. Just my 2 cents, YMMV

·
MSGO Court Jester
35,209 Posts
I haven't seen any bargains in the classifieds lately that would make anyone want to limit the number of possible buyers..lol I think those of us who want to keep or increase the wait and number of post just get tired of the "I just joined and I can't see the classified post" that are posted every day. They don't even take the time to read the rules so you know they are just here to buy or sell, that's not what is forum was started for, if it was it would be named MSGO Buy and Sell. Just my 2 cents, YMMV

Before the new forum software, I looked at the birthdays every day. Y'all would be amazed at just how many there are that never post outside the classifieds, and how many haven't posted at all, in anywhere from one to ten years.

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
My thoughts are, "What's the point of the minimum post? Most users are just going to post ".'s" to get the number up anyway."

I've never been a fan of making a rule that either you can't enforce or has no real controlling value.

·
Super Moderator
7,024 Posts
I haven't seen any bargains in the classifieds lately . . .
There was a 9mm 1911 on here just a few days ago that I wish I had gotten to first.

I do see your point, though. I get tired of seeing the "Why can't I post in / see the 'for sale' ads?" threads, too.

·
19,400 Posts
My thoughts are, "What's the point of the minimum post? Most users are just going to post ".'s" to get the number up anyway."

I've never been a fan of making a rule that either you can't enforce or has no real controlling value.
Oh but it can be enforced, use to do it when I was a mod, you delete the "." post, one letter post and one word post. Cuts their number of post back till they get they need to post more than that. Captain and I spent a lot of time doing that most every night while most of ya'll were sleeping.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,043 Posts
Nope still think the minimum post count should be allot higher than it is.

Has nothing to do with that. What it has to do with is cutting down on the FB type members that only come here to surf the classifieds. But it really would not matter if we had some mods that would keep the classifieds cleaned up. Something it appears the current crop is incapable of doing.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,043 Posts

You can controll that BS also. There are plenty forums that have minimum post requirements and will can you over BS posts just to raise your count.

81 - 100 of 160 Posts