Mississippi Gun Owners banner

to hunt or wait

2K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  msredneck 
#1 ·
My official office holiday is tomorrow and Friday, and I can't decide if I should hunt tomorrow or work and take Monday off instead. It's not gonna be terrible tomorrow, but Monday looks like it will be better.

What do y'all think?

#3 ·
Hot weather plus major full moon this week..means deer eat at night

I've never killed anything during full moons...Of course...you can't kill em if ya don't go..

I'd delay till Monday...of course your buddy will go in there tomorrow (during bad conditions) and whack the big one...who knows

:idk:

#4 ·
Both the weather and the moon get FAR BETTER next week, which is why I shortened my recent 6 day trip to only 3...of course the morning I left (Monday) my dad killed a nice 10 pt buck that afternoon!

Overall, activity was below average for us last week...especially for peak of the rut about to hit in our area, near Greenville.

#13 ·
all the animals are sleeping late during a full moon,stop an think about it,if you was up partying,chasing females all nite long,your just gonna roll over hit the snooze button afew times and get up late.... :thinking: critters do the same as people do sometimes :lol4:

#15 ·
btr568 said:
all the animals are sleeping late during a full moon,stop an think about it,if you was up partying,chasing females all nite long,your just gonna roll over hit the snooze button afew times and get up late.... :thinking: critters do the same as people do sometimes :lol4:
solution to this delima is sleep late like they will be and go hunting that afternoon when they are getting up needing to eat. :lol:

#18 ·
peak hours for tomorrow(Fri-24) are supposed to be 9am till 10:30am...2pm to 5pm

Sat-25 9:30am to 11:30am ....3Pm to 6pm

Sun-26 10:10am to 11:30am.....4pm to 6:30pm

Mom-27 6am to 7am.................10:45am to 12noon.....5pm to 7pm

Looks like you need to call in sick on Monday

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.