Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alton Britt was the man today at the F-Class match down at Bogue Chitto. Mr. Britt, as we now refer to him, shot a 200 score relay, thats all X's and 10's folks. He collected to pot that had been posted for the first 200 shot this year.
[/url][/img]
All and all it was a good day, everyone shot great today. And X-Ring did a great job putting the match on. We were ready for the heat and sun today. Tents, generators, and fans were brought by several of the shooters today and it made a big difference.
[/url][/img]

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are a few more shots I took at the match today.
[/url][/img]
[/url][/img]
[/url][/img]
[/url][/img]
[/url][/img]
[/url][/img]

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
Man it was a blast Sid....

Some really good rifle shooters out there...I was impressed...about as perfect as you could possibly ask it to be for Mississippi in July

Loads of Fun

No one has said anything about that extra hand in the picture with mstropyhunter...we talked one of Womack's sons into holding the target for the pic

The whole Womack crew was there today...Blasting and having fun....
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Congradulations to Alton, and thank you to Alton , Mildot , and Scott Womack for bringing fans and canopies to help make it a enjoyable shoot. Conditions were perfect, no mirage and absolutelly not a hint of any wind at all. Alton, Limbic, and Jim Speaks were turning in High Master scores, I even shot a High Master on one relay with a F/TR gun. Can't beleive I sold it to you Neck after I shot my highest score but I will be glad to have you out shooting with us in the future it is definatelly a good fit for you, you were tearing the X and 10 ring up when you shot it after the match. Mstrophyhunter took the money shooting a 6x47 he built on a Savage target action, Krieger barrel, Shehane tracker 1200 stock, Nightforce benchrest scope. He's a good competitor and knows how to build a accurate rifle. Nonnieselman made a good showing first time out with his 300 finished 2nd in F-Open B, good shooting and keep it up.

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
Hey Nonnieselman

U did great bro :thumbup:

300 eh.... :awesome: :bow:

I knew there was a reason the ground was shaking...and Womack was flinching....

Hey X-ring...I think I'll be able to get 3 or 4 more newbies for you next month....after I harrass them for not showing yesterday

Man I sure liked that NF BR scope that fella from Hammond had...

He was out there teasing us with all that "eye candy"...NF scope dealer....

the other thread has a few more pics as well...I'd put a few there yesterday before this one got started

You put on a great show yesterday there x-ring.....real laid back day

Cudos to whoever groomed the shooting area beforehand as well...awesome place

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey neck I'm all for starting a new pot, maybe everyone who wants to shoot for it put in extra $5.00 at each match. Maybe we can talk the Nightforce saleman to donate a scope, that would bring shooters out of the woodworks!!!!!! :thinking:

·
Registered
544 Posts
finally shot that 200 that i have been looking for for 3 years . 6x47 lapau .kreiger 1/8 barrel , savage target action , shehane tracker stock , lapau brass , berger 108 , h 4350 .all performed well on saturday . i have been watching a lot of shooters and trying to copy some of their techniques . limbic, speaks, mr Brewer,mr Wittman, and some guys at palo alto . and special thanks to x-ring , mil dot who put in a lot of hours organizing and putting on the matches . could not ask for a better group of guys to shoot with i look forward all month to 4 saturday to go down talk guns and to shoot with them wittman was not at this shoot missed him always thought he would get the first 200 at bogue chitto any one that likes guns and shooting come on down and shoot with us

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
OK X-ring...

U da bossman of da matches....U wanna start a new "pot"...makes things interesting....

I'll donate $25 seed money...and I aint even shot a match yet....Folks could drop $5 in each match....if they wanna play

If ya had 20 folks shooting might not take long to get a good kitty

shooting for a NF scope....Oh yeah....I'd be there every month....course it would not be in any danger of my winning it...You boys are too good....

How do I get me one dem fancy F-class T-shirts...

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK all you long gun shooters, the challange has been made. Load up and come on down for the next match. :gun:

·
Registered
206 Posts
It sure is fun to shoot in darn near ideal conditions! Alton got beat by a few 200's down in palo alto so he was due. I think he has only missed one match in three years. Lots of good scores yesterday. A 200 and several 198's and 197's. I know Stephens and William will be sick they missed it.

108 bergers. Ummmm :thinking:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I would like to hijack the thread for just a moment to express gratitude to Southwest Gun Club and Doug Bowser for nudging so to say in starting the F-Class league at Bogue Chitto, and allowing me the freedom to organize the matches the way I felt would be safe and enjoyable to everyone that participates. Also a special Thank You to Mr. Frank Burns who owns the property that this fine range is located on.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
X-Ring said:
I would like to hijack the thread for just a moment to express gratitude to Southwest Gun Club and Doug Bowser for nudging so to say in starting the F-Class league at Bogue Chitto, and allowing me the freedom to organize the matches the way I felt would be safe and enjoyable to everyone that participates. Also a special Thank You to Mr. Frank Burns who owns the property that this fine range is located on.
I agree with X-Ring, this is my first year shooting F-Class, it great to have a range that we can hold these matches and have such a good time shooting and spending time with a great bunch of guys and girls.
:2tup:

·
Registered
947 Posts
We had a great time as well. Steven and Betty both had a blast and we all improved our scores. I'll post some of the 25 pics Betty posted to her Facebook account this morning when I get the memory card. She has a few great shots of the group from the firing line and working the pits. Thanks you X-Ring for putting on the matches and getting the word out about the matches. I'll plan to bring those 4 tents and same fans and all next match. I always miss a handgun match to shoot F-class with you guys. I enjoy it that much! Good to see eveyone again.

·
Nocturnal Specialties
7,344 Posts
msredneck said:
Hey Nonnieselman

U did great bro :thumbup:

300 eh.... :awesome: :bow:

I knew there was a reason the ground was shaking...and Womack was flinching....
I like the powder hog, it has a loud bark too :D
Nothing like seeing the grass get blown over 50yds infront of the muzzle and guys on both side of you flinching waiting for the cannon to go off..:lol3:

I could have done alot better on the first relay but i was fighting a wobbly bipod the whole time.
2nd relay i stole Parkers bipod off his Tikka and used it, Went from a 177 to a 191..
Next time ill use my old tried and true blue jean sandbags, i know they work.

I had a blast. Wasnt expecting to do all that great and left with a silver medal.
I have 3 more weeks to work up a lil better load and go from there. might be able to get a 385-390 score..

Neck, you have to shoot next month! No excuses! :D

·
Registered
947 Posts
I was double plugged with plugs and earmuffs Saturday.......I was flinching cause Betty pops a mean whip. I'll get her signed up here sometime this week. Between getting up at 4am to be at the gym at 4:30am, work, cutting grass, and shooting, I'm missing my beauty sleep and it shows! I picked up the memory card with the photos from her today, I'll try to post them tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts