Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use Trail Boss for my 4 inch 500 S&W, 440 grain gas checks at around 800 fps are fun! Anyone else use it? If so for what?

J.B.

·
Nocturnal Specialties
7,343 Posts
ive loaded some subsonic .223 and .308 with it.. quite fun. even loaded some light 38spl loads.

Where ya from in Copiah? we got a few members floating around this county.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Subsonic .223? I'd love to get the load data from you, I wouldn't mind getting my suppressed AR a little quieter, I don't guess they cycle the action? And I'm west of HH.

J.B.

·
Nocturnal Specialties
7,343 Posts
our toward dentville?

You just gotta work down a load..
They wont cycle unless you load one too light and the bullet doesnt make it out of the barrel.. ask me how i know.....

·
Nocturnal Specialties
7,343 Posts
cool stuff, you gotta come shoot with us sometime..... anyway back on topic...

IIRC 4grs of TB with a 55gr SP was about as loud as a regular .22LR
3.5grs sounded the same but 3grs and a no go..

i loaded up some starting at 6grs i think.. ill have to go back and look..
Im using a 16" barrel, what you using?

·
Nocturnal Specialties
7,343 Posts
msredneck said:
I use TB for 45 Long Colt loads..fills case well...which is what its suppose to do
another good thing about TB is it goes a long ways!! if all i loaded was 5grs in a .223 it could get 1400 reloads with it.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't recall what I paid for my can but it seemed to be high cosidering it's a 9oz. can but I like it!

J.B.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
cottonmouth said:
Closer to Barlow.

J.B.
I grew up hunting around Barlow. Used to go to the Barlow Mall for fun, AKA dixons store

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good hunting down there, not like it was but it's alright. Did you hunt the WMA or private land?

J.B.

·
Nocturnal Specialties
7,343 Posts
Beladran said:
I wanna say i tried it in either my 44 or 45 with poor success? not 100% on that
Dont think you tried hard enough... :lol:

JK...

I just used it for blasting ammo.. i did get a one hole group with some 68gr BTHP out of my AR at 50yds on 4.5grs i think..

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
In TrailBoss...Thought it came in 12 oz containers... ?

you are suppose to be able to get as many loads with a 12 oz can as you would a l lb container of the other...I did not really care...I got it to fill the longer 45 LC cases and it does that quite well

·
Nocturnal Specialties
7,343 Posts
msredneck said:
In TrailBoss...Thought it came in 12 oz containers... ?

you are suppose to be able to get as many loads with a 12 oz can as you would a l lb container of the other...I did not really care...I got it to fill the longer 45 LC cases and it does that quite well
hum.. maybe so, i never even payed attn to that. ill check when i get home.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts