Tropical Depression 16 likely to be Hurricane Nate, headed for us

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness/Self Sufficiency' started by Scharfschütze, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

2. patchz

patchz Court Jester

Saw that on the Weather Channel earlier. My first thought was, here we go again.

Mesquite likes this.

3. cs700

cs700 Distinguished Poster

"Nate" computer models.

upload_2017-10-5_6-49-15.gif

4. ER-HI-GU

ER-HI-GU Distinguished Poster

5. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

Anyone know of a source for the "123" Surefire batteries? I used to get them for $4.97 / 2 at Lowe's but went by & they apparently don't sell them anymore.

6. patchz

patchz Court Jester

Hoot G and steve2112 like this.
  7. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

Probability says far more about the state of our knowledge than it does about the state of nature. In other words, a probability statement is a calculation of our ignorance of the future - how wrong we are, not how right we are. Something most folks have difficulty wrapping their heads around. :)

8. Jarhead5811

Jarhead5811 Rational Anarchist MSGO Supporter

Doesn’t it piss you off how NO and Louisiana get talked about but Mississippi is never mentioned by name?

I heard a report earlier than talked about Louisiana, New Orleans specifically, and mentioned Alabama and Florida but skipped right over us.

bls5, Blondie70 and maxhush like this.
  9. Jarhead5811

Jarhead5811 Rational Anarchist MSGO Supporter

10. steve2112

steve2112 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Clinton
    Check out Battery Junction. They have a huge selection and decent prices. I've used the Panasonic and Energizer brands, in addition to the Surefires, and had good results.

CR123A Batteries

bucmeister and Hoot G like this.
  11. maxhush

maxhush Distinguished Poster

NW MS
    Again, it needs to go straight for DC.

12. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

onlymaroonmatters and Hoot G like this.
  13. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

Thanks and I'll check all the online stuff but right now I was looking for a physical store that sells them local in anticipation of the weekend, thought I had more on hand than I actually do, which is never a good thing. Can't believe Lowe's dropped them. I was told Walmart dropped them due to "shrink" (theft).

Blondie70 likes this.
  14. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

Those same batteries will cost you .80 to $2 more each locally.. nobody local I have ever heard of sells them without a huge markup

onlymaroonmatters and steve2112 like this.
  15. onlymaroonmatters

onlymaroonmatters Eat Sleep Jeep & Guns MSGO Supporter

Laurel
    Yeah I remember seeing them in lowes long time ago and was appalled at the price. Could get double the amount for less online. Have a few in my rifles that the lights use them and keep the rest in my battery drawer. Which prob could stand another pack just in case

16. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

Think they are $5 for 2 at academy..

Need to check and see how my supply is, may be time to order some more. Ive been using a new rechargeable light most the time lately..
    I am slowly switching over to lights that will run on both these cr123 or rechargeable 18650. I probably have 20 of the 18650 now , mostly from salvaging them from old laptop batteries.

Jarhead5811 likes this.
  17. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

Went back by Lowe's & found a 12-pack for $24. So good for now; will stock up online though. Need to add these to the "hoard"

Jarhead5811 likes this.
  18. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

Yeah the 2-packs at Lowe's are $4.97. Online with free prime shipping the products on the links above are a bit cheaper, considering no taxes paid.

Jarhead5811 likes this.
  19. patchz

patchz Court Jester

Sorry to rain on your parade but Amazon is charging tax on most sales now.

Jarhead5811 likes this.