close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tropical Depression 16 likely to be Hurricane Nate, headed for us

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness/Self Sufficiency' started by Scharfschütze, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

Only if Amazon fulfills the order. 99% of what I order is from "third party" vendors (like the batteries I'm buying) so there's still no tax. Plus if I'm purchasing with our annual "EEF" funds (district issued debit card for school supplies) amazon has told us how to set up tax-exempt purchasing. Amazon's magnanimous and VERY PUBLIC announcement that they'd collect sales tax on what they*** sold was a PR stunt designed to head off a law suit by the MS AG, Jim "sue 'em" the Hood. He fell for it, too.
    ***we didn't sell it,:rolleyes:we just facilitated the sale via our website so there's no sales tax

Jarhead5811 and patchz like this.
  2. patchz

patchz Court Jester

You are correct. I was referring to what they sell. I didn't look to see if the batteries were from Amazon or a vendor, so technically we're both correct. :D

94LEVERFAN and Jarhead5811 like this.

3. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

Yup. I did pay 66 cents tax on an Israeli-manufactured combat bandage last week, sold by Amazon. Upgrading one of the GHBs. If I'm using the EEF card most of the time what I'm buying isn't from amazon anyway, educational materials, books, etc. all sold by 3rd vendor. I have to say though it was a smart PR move by amazon to publicly announce the MS tax collection, it reverberated through all the local media and no one even appeared to notice that BIG loophole they'd left for themselves!

Jarhead5811 and patchz like this.
  4. Rw

Rw NRA = Negotiating Rights Away Staff Member

Paying amazons tax is a no brainer for me, it keeps me from adding funds to the jackson city councils budget

94LEVERFAN, bubbat and Jarhead5811 like this.