Mississippi Gun Owners banner

TruGlo TFX/TFX Pro tritium/fiber optic pistol sights

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Jarhead5811 
#1 · (Edited)
A couple of years ago I decided to try TruGlo TFO sights on my Glock 43 & 27. When I went to look I found that there was also a newer version of the sights TFXs that were supposed to be more physically rugged and resistant to chemical damage, from cleaning solvents, I guess. So, I got the TFXs

I just sold the 27, with the TFXs, and bought a 19. So, today, I got my new TFX Pro sights for the 19. The only difference of substance, between the TFX & TFX Pro, I believe, on the rear sight of the TFX Pros is that it has a ledge to accommodate racking the slide one handed on ones belt, and the bottom of the notch is rounded as opposed to square. I reckon the belt thing is justified but the rounded notch seems pointless but at the same time harmless. The front sight of the TFX Pros has an orange outline rather than a white one. Neither outline seems to provide much help in picking up the sight picture, IMO.
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft gun

ABOVE: Glock 19, Gen4 w/TFX Pro sights
BELOW: Glock 43 w/TFX sights
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Handgun holster

ABOVE: Glock 19, Gen4 w/TFX Pro sights
BELOW: Glock 43 w/TFX sights
Technology Electronic device

Glock 43 w/TFX sights

Glock 19, Gen4 w/TFX Pro sights
Shooting Shooting sport Hand Recreation Airsoft

Gun Shooting Shooting sport Airsoft Revolver

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Finger

Installation is a breeze do yourself a favor and get a sight pusher and do it yourself. The one I use was fairly cheap on Amazon and very easy to use, IMO. I’m pretty OCD about getting the rear sight perfectly centered. So, I use a set of calipers to make sure it’s dead center. Most people probably wouldn’t bother and they’d probably be right but I am what I am.

The only other night sights I’ve ever used were Trijicons and I’ve had them on a few different Glocks. From what I can tell these TFX/TFX Pros are as bright as the Trijicons (but admittedly the Trijicons were a few years older) I had on another pistol in the time that I had both for comparison. I will say that a non-enclosed fiber optic sight, like the factory from sight on my Wife’s XDS 9mm or the one I took off the 19, today, seems a little brighter in full sunlight but they also seem much less robust in build quality.

I like these TFXs/TFX Pros enough that I’ll likely keep them on my EDC pistols.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.