Tumbler

Discussion in 'Reloading/Ammunition' started by tgun6542, Feb 21, 2018.

1. tgun6542

tgun6542 Distinguished Poster

2B72E2DA-B1B5-4098-AD83-B9E9A530A55C.jpeg When was the last time y’all saw a tumbler like this one?

melmerf, Jarhead5811 and Blondie70 like this.
  2. Ellis93

Ellis93 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I have one just like it,and the newer version with a rubber drum. Definitely like the rubber drum better lol

melmerf, Jarhead5811 and Mesquite like this.

3. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Distinguished Poster

I have one just like it too

Jarhead5811, Mesquite and Blondie70 like this.
  4. SubGunFan

SubGunFan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Jackson
    Today................ I have 2 of those.

:cool:

5. SubGunFan

SubGunFan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Jackson
    When not in use for extended periods of time, I suggest you remove the rubber belt from pulleys. This will help the belt to last longer.

I got mine back in the mid 80s and have tried all types of media. Corncob, walnut, critter litter, etc. When wet tumbling with SS pins came out I started with one of the Model Bs. However, with the Model B's limited 15# capacity and it leaked water a little, I bought the Frankford Arsenal wet tumbler (30# capacity) and never looked back. Years ago I did buy a 40# base unit which came with a POS drum. I now use the 40# base unit and a Thumblers barrel to tumble buckshot.

6. Today, in my shop
    And I also use to tumble buckshot I cast

7. tgun6542

I just bought a big box of reloading stuff. Scales, powder thrower, rock chucker press, a case prep station, about 7 or 8 sets of dies for $75. The tumbler definitely needs a new belt. Where would I find one?

8. I have replaced mine with a large diameter o-ring

9. tgun6542

I had that in mind.

Jarhead5811 and Mesquite like this.
  10. canebreaker

canebreaker Distinguished Poster

Hardware store should carry that size. If not ask back, there are 2 specialty shops in Memphis that will have them.

Jarhead5811 and Mesquite like this.
  11. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    Today. I have an old one and love it. Belts can be found on eBay. They are just O rings. I bought one factory one for about $3 and took it to the local hydraulic cylinder shop. They matched it up and sold me 3 of them for $2

BasMstr, Jarhead5811 and Mesquite like this.
  12. tgun6542

Thanks I'll give it a try. Should have know to try EBay. Got a buddy works at a hyd place maybe he can hook a brother up.

phillipd, Jarhead5811 and Mesquite like this.
  13. canebreaker

I needed an O ring for my kayak, 3/32X4 1/2". Hardware stores didn't have it. Sent to pool supplies stores, nope, I did see prices starting at $10.99 in that range. I came home asking where? Was told a bearing place in Memphis. Out of stock, but sent a mile away to another supplier. $1 out the door. Checking online, $5 to $15.
    My wife ordered 10 O rings 1/8X4 1/2" that can't be used and won't ask for a return label.

phillipd and Jarhead5811 like this.
  14. oldguns

oldguns Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Ellisville
  15. tgun6542

Thanks that's a big help.

16. canebreaker

Lay out any O rings you need, measure the inside diameter and thickness, I'll check Memphis Bearings Co. for price and mail cheap.

17. tgun6542

Thanks I will when I get around to it.

18. Diana Davis Cole

Diana Davis Cole Distinguished Poster

Glad its working good for you. I sold the other one awhile back and its going strong too.

phillipd and fordpkup like this.
  19. bucmeister

bucmeister Distinguished Poster

SW-MS
    I have old one that works fine. Do need to keep a spare belt on hand and I really appreciate the suggestion to remove the belt when not using. The new belt I got is a kind of clear type material. Guess it maybe some kind of silicone.

Lately I have been watching a lot of youtube videos on home built larger capacity units with pillow block bearings driven by 1/3 hp motors and pvc barrels for brass tumbling.

canebreaker and phillipd like this.
  20. canebreaker

If you have a thread mill or can get one cheap they are great for making a tumbler drive.

bucmeister likes this.