Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Thank a veteran.
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had someone give me this old Norinco Type 54 Tokarev. It was covered in bed liner. My friend’s wife had it for years. She asked one day if I would look at it for her. I was floored….. Lol. I said it’s probably not worth the money it would cost for a gunsmith to try to salvage it. She responded with “oh well, you can have it since guns are a hobby of yours “… Nuff said ! I soaked it in acetone for 2 weeks and off I went with a dremel and brass brushes. I stripped it as best I could. The rest was scotch brite pads and polishing. I ordered Cerakote and here we are. I’m new to Cerakote so don’t beat me up to bad.
Black Wood Monochrome Auto part Metal
Black Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,708 Posts
Dang Mike fine job, turned out pretty good.

·
MSGO Court Jester
43,859 Posts
Nice job Mike. Shot it yet?

Reactions: Low Rider

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Good job Mike! Don't feel bad if it doesn't group well. I've owned a LOT of 7.62 x 25 pistols (mostly CZ 52) and none could hold better than 12" at 15 yds. I blame this on 2 things, (1) most all of the ammunition brought in during the 80s & 90s was SMG ammunition, which was part of the Combloc philosophy for small arms which is also (2) "quantity has its own quality".
AKA: spray and pray.
Again very nice job!

·
Thank a veteran.
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good job Mike! Don't feel bad if it doesn't group well. I've owned a LOT of 7.62 x 25 pistols (mostly CZ 52) and none could hold better than 12" at 15 yds. I blame this on 2 things, (1) most all of the ammunition brought in during the 80s & 90s was SMG ammunition, which was part of the Combloc philosophy for small arms which is also (2) "quantity has its own quality".
AKA: spray and pray.
Again very nice job!
I appreciate it. I don’t have high expectations for much of anything free. I intend on storing it with 50 rounds in my storm room. Typically I’ll grab my Glock, but if I can throw this one in the harbor freight box and store it for a “just in case” gun I’ll feel better.
Light Office equipment Gas Air gun Trigger

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks good. How difficult was the Cerakoting process? I’ve got an old beat-up Glock I might like to try it on if it’s not too finicky.

·
Thank a veteran.
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks good. How difficult was the Cerakoting process? I’ve got an old beat-up Glock I might like to try it on if it’s not too finicky.
It’s not to bad. The biggest problem is the prep work. If you follow the instructions Cerakote recommends you should be ok.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts