Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moved to Brandon a few months ago and this January I decided to buy a one-year membership at this range. So far, I am glad I did. I shoot handgun every week. These folks are great to deal with. The range has always been clean and it’s good to be able to shoot inside on days like today when it’s cold and rainy. Noise isn’t bad except one guy today was shooting something noisy, but that would have been loud outside too. Since I’m retired, i shoot on weekdays and most of the of the other shooters seem to be “mature” But nice guys to talk to. I recommend the range

·
Registered
292 Posts
I’ve been a member there since they opened. Went there today and shot several handguns. It is a nice place to shoot and I’ve been impressed with the facility. I’m retired and shoot once or twice a week.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Do they still not allow reloads and not picking your brass up?
I don't see it in their range rules but then not sure if it was ever listed on their site.

I also don't see membership pricing on their site anymore. Last I saw it was very high to me. The hourly non-member price is a little high to me but not too bad.

I know their gun prices are high. I went to a sale they had a while back they were selling some of their range rentals. The prices were basically retail. Funny thing is people were running over each other to buy them.

·
Registered
646 Posts
No reloads. Can’t pick up ANY brass. Fees went up this year. Still
A good place to shoot.

·
Premium Member
3,327 Posts
I loved belonging to an indoor range when I lived in Tulsa. Place to shoot in the evening, rain, cold or hot weather is great. Our gun club converted an old ice house downtown to an indoor range. We could even shoot small caliber, non-magnum center fire at 50 yards. We could use reloa
No reloads. Can’t pick up ANY brass. Fees went up this year. Still
A good place to shoot.
Dang!

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
The times that I've been there it was busy and congested. Didn't feel comfortable to me for some reason. And the last I asked family membership was over $500 a year. As compared to someplace like Range USA in Memphis which runs a sale on their membership every year for $125. I just can't justify those kinds of fees.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I came out smelling of burned GP and could taste it.
I noticed that while shooting the smoke was not being sucked down range, like most ranges.
I went twice and I don’t believe that I will return.
The employees seemed friendly and knowledgeable and the store was clean and neatly arranged, I will give them that.
They were pretty proud of everything on display...meaning the prices did seem closer to MSRP than a lot of places, like Cowart’s. But, Cowart’s does not have a range so...not exactly an “apples to apples” comparison.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I have been in a few times. First time to check prices and see what they had. Agree that prices are higher than most. Maybe they will adjust (they should adjust).

Second time was when I took the Grandson to shoot. He shot a P90 and MP5 (full auto). I did shoot the MP5. I had more fun watching him shoot though. It's not cheap, but well worth the money for the memories!

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you have children or a baby at home I don't recommend shooting at any indoor ranges to be honest. The ventilation at 2-gun was not very good as well. They don't let you pick up brass and that is about the only upside for me of shooting indoors. I think Magnolia is a better value. Just wish they had their steel usage agreement process fixed. I still haven't been able to get approved.

·
Registered
12,623 Posts
If you have children or a baby at home I don't recommend shooting at any indoor ranges to be honest. The ventilation at 2-gun was not very good as well. They don't let you pick up brass and that is about the only upside for me of shooting indoors. I think Magnolia is a better value. Just wish they had their steel usage agreement process fixed. I still haven't been able to get approved.
I would shoot your steel until they show up to look at it. It’s bs the way they handled it anyway.

·
Super Moderator
13,474 Posts
What kind of problems are you having?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts