Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I ended up spending the weekend at the show and came out of it with two amazing pieces. This first one is a first generation type 38 arisaka that was captured by a member of the 2nd Marine Division on Guadalcanal on August 22, 1942 as shown by the carvings the marine put into the stock. Later on the marine also had melted a small block of lead into the area where the barrel meets the receiver but I have made some progress with knocking that out of there (I've dug into the lead maybe half an inch so far but with enough time it'll come loose for sure).
image442.jpg

image443.jpg

image444.jpg

image445.jpg

image446.jpg

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This second one I picked up at the very end of the show on Sunday. It's a training rifle that aside from a missing real sling swivel is all there and functional. The manufacturer's mark is on top of the receiver but it belongs to a company who as of yet remains unknown. Everything on it matches as well so that helps with its value. I've always wanted a good trainer in my collection and this one definitely fit the bill. I got rid of both my extra arisakas and made a little bit of money though sadly not enough for my tables for the military show at the end of next month. I plan on bringing some stuff to the Lyman show to sell that I had completely forgotten about. Aside from my enfield no4 barrel I also have a type 94 nambu magazine that I forgot I had extra and an extra enfield no1 mk3 magazine that I know will bring a few bucks.
image447.jpg

image448.jpg

image449.jpg

image450.jpg

image451.jpg

·
Registered
937 Posts
What's the number on type 14 mag? Silver or dark?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Thanks for the reply. In my eagerness to find another matching for my type 14 I misread your posting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts