Vehicle Window Aircraft Rotorcraft Helicopter

·
Death is Preferable to Communism.
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
MSGO Court Jester
43,326 Posts
I was fortunate enough to ride in one back in the 70's without joining the army. It's the only time I've been in a helo.

Reactions: scott511

·
Registered
2 Posts
I flew H model Hueys in the assault battalion, and OH-58A's in the attack battalion, of the 25th ID in the early 90's. We actually flew Hueys in flight school at that time as well. The earliest one I remember flying was a '62, many of them still showed obvious patches covering bullet holes from Vietnam.

I have a Nodak M16A1 clone and a 604 clone with partial fence E1 Nodak lower. Along with my Troy XM177E2 clone, these are probably my favorite ARs. I used A1s in my first training, then A2s.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you were around em long enuf, you could tell which helicopter was coming in, just by the chop of the main rotors, the Huey had the loudest chop! Thus the term “chopper”. The cobra had more of a grinding roar.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hueys were definately the best Utility Helicopters of their day, only draw back I know of was, when repelling from one, ya better kick out far, and give yourself plenty of slack, if not, you will swing back in and face plant the skid tube. No, i never face planted, but a couple of guys did! Its Not pretty

1 - 14 of 14 Posts