Mississippi Gun Owners banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
22,183 Posts
French dressing is WONDERFUL on pizza. Yes, it is a BILOXI thing - started at HUGO's at the corner of Division and Porter Ave. I KNOW.......I WAS THERE!
Pizza Hut had French dressing on the tables for pizza when I was in high school the '70s in the Delta.

Reactions: RONIN79

·
Registered
792 Posts
PBJ sammich dipped in veg/beef stew gravy.
Anything dipped in beef stew gravy!

My Wife does A1 in her grits and ketchup on her greens, yes collards, turnip or mustard.
(She is from Alabama so she is "special")
I do vinegar on my French fries, and Ponzu on a lot of stuff nad tobacco on everything else

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
14,076 Posts
Pizza Hut had French dressing on the tables for pizza when I was in high school the '70s in the Delta.
Yeah, yeah......it migrated up from BILOXI. I'm talking early to mid-60's youngster! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Might have, was just saying they had it too.
Just an observation here from a Delta "native son" who also spent some time on the Gulf Coast in the Gulfport and Biloxi area... Ya'll are both right!!! (y)

The Delta has some unique food, culinary, and taste preferences that aren't generally seen in other parts of the State... just as the Gulf Coast does too... :)

However, Greenville once had a local Barq's bottling plant on Hwy. 82... so a ready supply of Barq's Root Beer was usually found in most of the Delta's soda pop vending machines and retail locations.

And "Delta" hot tamales are uniquely special too... and not like any found in Texas or elsewhere. :cool:

BTW, my cousin up the road from me loves to dip "fried chicken tenders" and "pepperoni pizza" in ranch salad dressing.

·
Senior Curmudgeon
682 Posts
As an old beekeeper, I love honey - honey in grits, hush puppies also, honey on pancakes and waffles and if it gets on the bacon that's a plus; honey mustard salad dressing for dipping sauce for fried meats.

Vinegar on fried seafood and french fries. For seafood, I also use cocktail sauce, heavy on the horseradish, where everyone else uses tartar sauce.

Sausa (hot) on eggs and brains, sort of a huevos rancheros for redneccs.

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
17,231 Posts
Horseradish on a cheese sammich

tartar sauce on any sammich

dip my fries in mustard

21 - 40 of 55 Posts