Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a semi-local customer approach me right after I made my first cowboy style rig and tell me he wanted one just like it with reversed colors. Also wanted a scabbard for a Rossi Ranch Hand - no problem.

When we got together for me to get the lever we chatted a bit and off we go. By the time I got home it had gone from 'just like this' to a rig in the ol flick "Silverado." He wanted an 'Emmett' style rig in the color combo he'd already picked. This is obviously a pretty loose interpretation but you get the idea :)The scabbard can be worn as a backpack or lashed down like a traditional scabbard would.

Derek is a local LEO and I'm hoping to get an action shot of him wearing it out of his squad car somewhere down the line. Maybe on one of his SWAT raids :thumbup: 

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Your pictures are stunning!!

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
I don't care what movie Clint was in....

we gonna have to talk more about one for the 3.5 inch El Patron I just got...sure like that rig...

Great pics Dude....first class photography

·
Premium Member
13,094 Posts
Beautiful rig and gorgeous photos!!!:2tup: You're gonna have to do a write-up on how you take those pictures.

·
Waffennarr
8,838 Posts
Beautiful work, great photography. Looks like something out of a catalog of fine leather goods, you should put all that up on your website if you haven't already. You'll be getting a lot more work orders fer sure!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Nice rig... wonderful to know that there is someone local that does work like that. Usually by the time you send off for a 2 holster rig and belt rig you wonder why you can't get it local. I'm going to put your name in my refer list for our shoots...

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
captain-03 said:
Your pictures are stunning!!
Thanks Cap!

miker84 said:
Very nice (as usual).

Emmett was a tough dude.
A lot like the rigs new owner, frankly.

msredneck said:
I don't care what movie Clint was in....

we gonna have to talk more about one for the 3.5 inch El Patron I just got...sure like that rig...

Great pics Dude....first class photography
Waiting on you for that one 'neck, better hurry up before I shut down in September for a few months :cool2g:

22lrfan said:
Beautiful rig and gorgeous photos!!!:2tup: You're gonna have to do a write-up on how you take those pictures.
Miker has seen me do it. Step 1, lay rig down. Step 2, include a log in the photos. Step 3, snap about 300 pictures at various angles with different glare effects in the shade hoping about 10 of them turn out well. Step 4, upload to photobucket and post on MSGO :)

That's pretty much how I do it. Big part of it is shoot in morning or at night in shade - our warehouse shades that spot so I can get that natural lighting in the morning or at night easily. I was in a pinch to take those last night and did it in about 5 minutes. Had to load it up and deliver it!

Scharfschütze said:
Beautiful work, great photography. Looks like something out of a catalog of fine leather goods, you should put all that up on your website if you haven't already. You'll be getting a lot more work orders fer sure!
Some days I hope your right, some days I don't. In either case I appreciate the compliments :) I may not list this style of belt frankly. Lots of pieces, lots of work, lots of time. People don't like paying for that anymore.

msppiguy said:
Nice rig... wonderful to know that there is someone local that does work like that. Usually by the time you send off for a 2 holster rig and belt rig you wonder why you can't get it local. I'm going to put your name in my refer list for our shoots...
Thanks! I'd love to get into SASS/CASS myself - the leather market is kind of a whored out one for that sort of thing so folks have to know what they want/need/gotta have.

dhollis51 said:
Thanks!

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Miker has seen me do it. Step 1, lay rig down. Step 2, include a log in the photos. Step 3, snap about 300 pictures at various angles with different glare effects in the shade hoping about 10 of them turn out well. Step 4, upload to photobucket and post on MSGO
It took a two-man crew just to get the log in the correct position.

·
Registered
380 Posts
"Thanks! I'd love to get into SASS/CASS myself - the leather market is kind of a whored out one for that sort of thing so folks have to know what they want/need/gotta have."

I think you'll find people would rather deal with a face than with an assembly line or someone that is 300 hundred miles away. There is a SASS shoot at Mendenhall this weekend if you would like to attend. There is always shootin equipment available for people to try it. Come on out...

www.mississippipeacemakers.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts