Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Store Clerk Faces Murder, Weapons Charges For Shooting a Fleeing Chainsaw Thief - The Truth About Guns

A Memphis store clerk is facing charges for allegedly shooting a man to death over a stolen chain saw. Cops say Charles Kalb shot and killed a man running from Mid-South Small Engines without paying for a shiny new saw. What’s more, Kalb reportedly used an illegal sawed-off shotgun to shoot the alleged thief in the back.

I recently wrote about not using deadly force in property crimes. The theme: Let. Him. Go. Killing someone over a $400 chainsaw — or any other property — simply isn’t worth it.

Police: Man accused of shooting unarmed burglar is charged with murder

Charles Kalb is charged with first-degree murder, according to WMC.

The man killed, Lamorris Robinson, was seen stealing a chainsaw from a store, according to a police affidavit. The affidavit goes on to say Kalb shot Robinson in the back with a sawed-off shotgun as he ran from the store.

Robinson was unarmed, WMC reports.

“The law in Tennessee is very clear. You are not allowed to use deadly force. whether it is a firearm or a knife or any other weapon. to defend property. Period,” Will Dougan told the news outlet.

###

Why lock the business doors and turn on the security alarm at night then? :hmm:

Look what doing nothing except allowing the police to take a report may lead to - at least in Canada: ;)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/liquor-thefts-lcbo-1.5069842

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
10,851 Posts
I guess it would cost too much, but seems like having doors that you can close and lock with a push button remote would keep such folks inside until the police arrive.

I saw one video where a store did that.

·
Banned
1,268 Posts
I guess it would cost too much, but seems like having doors that you can close and lock with a push button remote would keep such folks inside until the police arrive.

Not that expensive to do. Just need a switch and an a actuator for a simple sliding bolt on door. Know of few pawn shops that have them. They work good too, there were 2 brothers that had a pawn shop down on Walnut street in Greenville that used theirs a couple times to lock such folks in, to wait on the police and coroner to come recover the bodies.;)

·
Premium Member
10,489 Posts

Seems, Walmart in Pascagoula is doing just such.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
I feel exactly like jarhead. I wouldn't have shot the guy running away (or at least I'd like to think I wouldn't) but I got absolutely no sympathy for the damned thief, wish it would happen to all thieves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts