Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is eyeballing my 30/30 but it's not for sale. What would be a good used price for one in very good condition? I went to Dabb's in Southaven but the pricing is high as a cat's back.

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Redvalic said:
My friend is eyeballing my 30/30 but it's not for sale. What would be a good used price for one in very good condition? I went to Dabb's in Southaven but the pricing is high as a cat's back.
Check around on Gunbroker and see what they are selling for ... should give you a good idea of what some are willing to pay ...

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Good condition I see marlins for 325 to 450 depending on model

Winchesters about the same, usually on the higher end of that spectrum.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Depends. The Marlins, while they are fine rifles, don't have an extremely high resale value. Winchesters on the other hand can be worth their weight in gold. If you do have a Winchester I would do my homework as some models can be worth more than you would imagine. When buying any lever gun look for a Winchester that's in your price range. If you take care of them they will not depreciate and all most all of them will gain value. You may not be so fortunate with a Marlin.

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Like the winny, just depends on the marlin. The cowboy guns, carbines, and other "rare". 33/ models fetch a premium. Even a pre safety 336 in fine shape will bring more than a newer post safety 336 in the same shape.

A good beater can be had cheap, in either make.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Recently sold two Marlin 336s in good condition for $275 each... just couldn't get much interest over $300 in off-season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts