close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Vicksburg Pawn Shop has AR-15 stolen

Discussion in 'Press Talk' started by NRA_guy, Feb 12, 2018 at 4:16 AM.

Tags:
  1. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Distinguished Poster

Looks like the Jackson disease is contagious and has come to Vicksburg.

VICKSBURG, MS (Mississippi News Now) -
    Vicksburg Police Department is looking a theft at the Top Dollar Pawn Shop at the 3400 block of Washington Street on Friday afternoon.

Sgt. Johnnie Edwards said two black men entered the pawn shop requesting to look at a Delton DT Sport .223 caliber rifle (AR-15). After looking at the rifle for a few minutes, both men ran out the front door of the business with the weapon.

Edwards added that one suspect wore a dark gray hoodie with a white t-shirt and jeans, and the second suspect wore a camouflage hoodie with a white t-shirt and blue jeans with flip flops.

This is what the criminals look like:

[​IMG]

This is what an AR-15 looks like:

[​IMG]

Vicksburg Pawn Shop theft leaves one firearm stolen

LeansVeryRight2016 likes this.
  2. 94LEVERFAN

94LEVERFAN Distinguished Poster

Just go wait on em at Wal-Mart. Their next stop will be to buy ammo.

3. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

Decent surveillance camera footage... ought to help the police get an ID on those two. Doubt the AR-15 will ever be recovered, however.

LeansVeryRight2016 likes this.
  4. 94LEVERFAN

94LEVERFAN Distinguished Poster

The girl I know who works in a pawn shop in west Jackson, would have ventilated their dumb asses before they made it to the car. And she can shoot. Killed 6 deer hunting with me a couple of yrs ago. Damn easy on the eyes also. Win/win.

Blondie70, Cliff731, jakeg823 and 4 others like this.
  5. Leadburner

Leadburner Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

6. Looks like to Vicksburg disease came back from Jackson.

7. NRA_guy

Unlike Jackson, Vicksburg still has some pretty good law enforcement:

------------------------
    Two arrested after firearm stolen from Vicksburg pawn shop

VICKSBURG, MS (Mississippi News Now) -
    The Vicksburg police department arrested two individuals for stealing a firearm from a pawn shop.

On Monday, around 10:30 a.m. police identified and arrested 20-year-old Keandre Tyrell Thomas and a 17-year-old.

Both individuals will face firearm charges.
    Thomas will appear in court Wednesday around 10 a.m. and the juvenile will appear in youth court the day before.

The weapon has not yet been recovered and the investigation is ongoing.

----------------------------------------------

And I bet they get the AR back.

fordpkup, Blondie70 and Jarhead5811 like this.
  8. Remember one of the Vicksburg PD Pawning his Service Issued Glock?

Leadburner and Jarhead5811 like this.
  9. Caleb C

Caleb C Distinguished Poster

Lake, MS
    Please tell me you're making that up.

10. Not making it up; but, it was a pretty long time ago.

Blondie70 and Jarhead5811 like this.
  11. NRA_guy

Sorry, I don't. But I can believe it.

I remember Gov Fordice's gun turning up in the hands of a thug and his son trying to get it back.

Fordice was a Vicksburger.

I am not sure how that turned out.

12. JohnDeere

JohnDeere Deplorable

MS
    Gunn s at de end of de screet n de reva

13. bubbat

bubbat Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.

Clinton
    I remember 2-3 officers in Indianola pawning theirs too.

Cliff731, 94LEVERFAN and Jarhead5811 like this.
  14. ER-HI-GU

ER-HI-GU Distinguished Poster

Read that they were already caught, but wondering if friends of theirs would pull the same stunt. Ask the clerk to pull out couple boxes of ammo from the display then grab and run or just break the glass. Rifle is still MIA.

15. NRA_guy

I have read about folks just pushing a shopping cart with flat screen TVs out of Walmart with no effort being made by the doorkeeper to stop them.

Walmart figures such losses into their business plan and wants to avoid getting sued for somebody who might claim "false arrest" or get injured while being detained by non-law enforcement employees of Walmart.

This has become a crazy world.

In the next iteration of the country we need to limit the power and number of lawyers . . .

tWillis, Cliff731 and Jarhead5811 like this.
  16. Caleb C

Caleb C Distinguished Poster

Lake, MS
    Bigger retailers discourage their employees from stopping shoplifters. They'll actually fire them for trying to stop them. It's sad when the thieves know on the front end that the odds are in their favor.

Things were completely different during my brief stint in the grocery business. We were encouraged to catch them. If they resisted it usually made things much worse for them. I've seen more than one grocery-store beat down. A lady actually hit my brother with a pair of nunchucks in a battle over some lifted pork chops. Good times.

melmerf, Cliff731 and Jarhead5811 like this.
  17. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

There was a CCW permit holder arrested in the Philadelphia Mississippi Wal-Mart parking lot a few years ago after he witnessed someone shoplifting some ammo and pursued the "suspect" all by himself outside the store into said parking lot.

CCW on his own accord was then in "hot pursuit" on foot and hollering for the thief to stop... things were still "okay" until he pulled his gun and actually fired a few shots into the ground near the fleeing shoplifter.

Wasn't long until the Philadelphia PD arrived... reports of shots being fired in the Wal-Mart parking lot and all... CCW guy got arrested, his gun was seized and he soon thereafter lost his CCW permit.

Said thief got away on foot.

18. Jarhead5811

Jarhead5811 Rational Anarchist MSGO Supporter

I hate thief got away but it sure sounds like the other fella was an idiot.

Cliff731 likes this.
  19. Jarhead5811

Jarhead5811 Rational Anarchist MSGO Supporter

When I worked for Walmart, only Loss Prevention associates or members management that had been through the related training, were allowed to stop shoplifters.

Cliff731 likes this.