1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Violence erupts at anti-white nationalist rally in Portland

CBS NEWS September 10, 2017, 5:22 PM
Violence erupts at anti-white nationalist rally in Portland

Anti-white nationalist protesters in Portland on Sunday, Sept. 10, 2017.

JENNIFER DOWLING/KOI
PORTLAND -- Violence broke out between opposing groups at an anti-white nationalist rally in Portland that left at least one police officer injured, CBS affiliate KOIN-TV reports.

Police made several arrests in the city's downtown area as two groups faced off over different views on white nationalism.

The Portland Police Department tweeted that marchers and residents should clear the area for their own safety, adding that officers reported protesters attacking photographers and that projectiles were thrown at officers. They said several arrests were made and at least one officer was injured.

An opposition group held its own protest Sunday which was scheduled for around 2 p.m. local time but instead started around 12:30 p.m.

"We will be there with flags," Joey Gibson of the Patriot Prayer Group said.

Officials said Friday that Portland Stands United Against Hate has a permit. It is not clear if Patriot Prayer does.

Authorities had previously announced a heightened police presence due to past violence between the opposition groups.

Mayor Ted Wheeler warned protesters that "illegal behavior is unacceptable."

"We will not tolerate acts of violence. We will not tolerate vandalism. We will not tolerate criminal behavior," Wheeler said.

© 2017 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,535 Posts
Typical seem to remember the other day when they shut down Patriot Prayer. Seem to also remember how Antifa had no permit at Charleston and it was a non issue. Wonder why it is a issue for Patriot Prayer?
Seems our State and Federal Governments just make up the rules as they go. Or should I say apply them as the whim hits them.

·
Registered
15,254 Posts
Threats from ANTIFA:

Antifa militants ready to break bones, invade homes - Hot Air

One antifa activist, who would give only the name “Dominic,” talked proudly in a series of interviews with Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting about forming this broader alliance of “Nazi hunters” to seek out, reveal and fight these enemies wherever they might show up. Their goal became even more specific after Charlottesville: to prevent more casualties like that of activist Heather Heyer.

“We’ll go to their house, I’ll put it that way. We’ll go to their house,” said Dominic, an imposing, muscular man in his 30s. “I don’t want to hurt anybody, but I want those people to stop it. If I have to put Richard Spencer or Nathan Damigo into the hospital critically, and it would have saved Heather Heyer’s life or the next potential Heather Heyer, I would do it without question.”
Reply to ANTIFA:

Feeling lucky, punk?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts